5069-L306ER Flashing

Thread: 5069-L306ER Flashing

Default 5069-L306ER Flashing

I bought a 5380 CompactLogix, (Just the PLC Unit, with no extra module) for my test bench and education purposes.
    My 5069-L306ER is a new one, When I powered it on for the first time, there was no firmware, even V 1.0... (I don't know if this is odd or typicall). I have had to do a stage 2 reset, then the firmware went to 1.063 and I need to install new firmware. The problem appears when I want to install firmware,
    Unfortunately there is no possibility to connect via Ethernet at all in RSLinx, no response to ping at all, no unidentified network at all, so no possibility to assign IP address in BOOTP-DHCP, and no blinking Net A1 and Net A2 Led's when I connect the Ethernet cable to the controller.
    I tried to install V29, V30, V31, V32, V33. When I do this in control flash via USB. In CF software the process goes good to the end, the polling for power-up appears, the controller power off and when it power on again, every thing is gone, and there is no firmware again, even V 1.063, so no connection to RSLinx can made and I required to do a stage 2 reset again.

The log file of ControlFlash says:
    [FAILURE] Device Identity: Error # 11003: Unconnected Send timed out waiting for a response.

I tried to flash it in CF +, the message in the end shows that "flashing finished", but the situation is as the same as CF after powering on.

For some reason, I couldn't connect Rockwell tech support, and this is my first time in Rockwell automation.

I just want to ensure the controller is broken before sealed to me, or there is a way to resolve this issue.

Best regards

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5069-L306ER Flashing

Is there a serial port on that particular processor? I had a similar issue once, and was able to connect via 9 pin serial (yes, my laptop still has serial) to update firmware. It takes a couple hours to do it that way, but it saved my customers processor (bought "refurbished") from being a brick. This is the main reason I now only use panasonic toughbooks. They still have the old serial ports.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

As far as no firmware from the factory, that is not typical. Most of the CLX come with something like v2 installed. Also, even if your programming software doesn't support that particular processor, RSLinx should still see it, and you should be able to use ControlFlash to upgrade it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jittechnologies
    Thanks
    Yes my laptop have serial port also, but the controller just have USB port. Just wish I could connect to the controller via Ethernet cable.
    Best Regards.

Last edited by James-Ross; 10-18-2021 at 03:36 AM.