Servo Recomendations for Avid Pro 4848?

Thread: Servo Recomendations for Avid Pro 4848?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Servo Recomendations for Avid Pro 4848?

What are people using and what is recommended for servos for an AvidCNC 4848? I will likely be upgrading this to a 4896 within the next 5 years, so I want appropriately sized servos.

I do production work part time. Say 20 hours a week. I cut primarily wood and some plastic. Occasionally aluminum. I currently run a Joe's Hybrid CNC 4848 with LinuxCNC and Mesa cards. No complaints on the Mesa or LinuxCNC, though open to change. Upgrading to an AvidCNC for improved precision & repeatability as well as stiffness.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Servo Recomendations for Avid Pro 4848?

400w servos should be plenty.

Going smaller is generally not worthwhile as you don't save much $

I have a Delta BE 750W servo as a small lathe spindle motor. The Delta is excellent, documentation is good and in English, and tuning software is available, easy enough to use and works fine on Win10.

Cheaper servos as available but once you put any dollar value on your time it is worth paying for Delta or similar (DMM seems to get decent reviews).
    Servos require much more setup and tuning than a stepper and good documentation, and tuning software are essential (unless you have unlimited time and unlimited patience).

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Servo Recomendations for Avid Pro 4848?

One vote for ClearPath servos. Small, powerful, quality, no-drama products. And yeah, tuning software. One phone call away from American engineers who will walk you through and solve problems should you run into any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Avid CNCPro4824, Warp ESS, Nema 23 steppers, Delta VFD, 2.2kW spindle
    Hypertherm Powermax 45XP with TMC3in1 THC