Anyone familiar with ABB microflex and Mint software

Thread: Anyone familiar with ABB microflex and Mint software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone familiar with ABB microflex and Mint software

I have a small VMC that came with no NC, it has a Baldor servo motor for the spindle with a resolver. The drive is a Microflex, I have done the auto tune with the Mint software but I need to get some sort of "orientate" because the spindle is a BT30 and has a carousel ATC. The spindle is driven at 2:1, large pulley on the motor and small pulley on the spindle. I believe the drive ratio will work because the index pulse will be half of the rotations of the spindle.

I need to find out if I can use the Analog +/-10VDC with maybe a input to get the spindle to orientate for the ATC, the drive has 3 operation modes. Speed, position and torque I think.
    If I can get the spindle to orientate how do I set that position. Is there a setting in the drive to set the 2:1 drive ratio?

Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone familiar with ABB microflex and Mint software

Quote Originally Posted by crclark View Post
    I have a small VMC that came with no NC, it has a Baldor servo motor for the spindle with a resolver. The drive is a Microflex, I have done the auto tune with the Mint software but I need to get some sort of "orientate" because the spindle is a BT30 and has a carousel ATC. The spindle is driven at 2:1, large pulley on the motor and small pulley on the spindle. I believe the drive ratio will work because the index pulse will be half of the rotations of the spindle.

I need to find out if I can use the Analog +/-10VDC with maybe a input to get the spindle to orientate for the ATC, the drive has 3 operation modes. Speed, position and torque I think.
    If I can get the spindle to orientate how do I set that position. Is there a setting in the drive to set the 2:1 drive ratio?

Thanks in advance
    Look for the electronic gearing in the drive for the ratio gearing part.

Encoder positioning and DC braking all come into play for the spindle orientation.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone familiar with ABB microflex and Mint software

Thanks a ton, There is a braking resistor in the machine. The resolver is in the spindle servo motor but there is a simulated encoder output in the drive (DB9) that I can use to the motion controller.