Sanyo Denki BL Super 68BA Servo amplifier connection details CN1

Thread: Sanyo Denki BL Super 68BA Servo amplifier connection details CN1

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sanyo Denki BL Super 68BA Servo amplifier connection details CN1

I have a CNC tapping center with Brother control and Sanyo Denki Servo motors. I don't have any manual. I searched for CN1 connection details but did not find any. So I have traced some connections and they are presented here for the public.

These servo motors are very old and they only work in velocity mode. They accept +-10V analog velocity command and give out feedback in the form of quadrature encoder signals. So a position controller is needed to make it work.

Three inputs are wired in our machine. I was able to trace only one which is SERVO ENABLE. Second input is turned on by the Brother control but is not recognized. Third input is permanently enabled by shorting pin 21 to 27 of CN1. FAULT output is also available in the form of a normally open relay contact.

I was also helped by this post in understanding some connections:
    https://www.cnczone.com/forums/servo...ring-info.html