Having issue connecting with Yaskawa Servopack SGDA-08AS (servopack not found) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having issue connecting with Yaskawa Servopack SGDA-08AS (servopack not found)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Having issue connecting with Yaskawa Servopack SGDA-08AS (servopack not found)

Am I looking at the right manual here?.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKE wi8g7u-k9fxAhVai1wKHTDMDH0QFnoECBsQAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fw ww.yaskawa.com%2Fdelegate%2FgetAttachment%3Fdocume ntId%3DTSE-S800-15%26cmd%3Ddocuments%26documentName%3DTSE-S800-15C.pdf&usg=AOvVaw19DZ9FUJyKRRYWNkE4-N16
    Or
    https://www.yaskawa.com/delegate/get...E-S800-15C.pdf

I've gone through this twice and there's no mention of RS-232 control?.
    It shows that the operator serial port is for a little digital operator unit keypad.
    To connect direct to PC it states it needs 'exclusive use cable' type DE9405258

(Mactec will tell me off now)

Last edited by dazp1976; 07-09-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Having issue connecting with Yaskawa Servopack SGDA-08AS (servopack not found)

Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFT View Post
    Power is finished and hooked up to drive, motor is hooked up to drive. I have a tower that has an RS-232 port and have updated it's settings to match what the SGDA-08AS needs (9600, 7 bit, even parity, Xon/Xoff = none). Now when I try to connect I am getting an immediate error that reads "cannot use this port at present, please change criteria or click the exception button", any ideas? Sorry to be a bother, this should be way easier than what I am turning it into...
    ...try looking in the Device Manager for the correct COM Port for Sigma. A short cut for DM is Hold down the Windows Key + R then type "devmgmt.msc" then click OK.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Am I looking at the right manual here?.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKE wi8g7u-k9fxAhVai1wKHTDMDH0QFnoECBsQAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fw ww.yaskawa.com%2Fdelegate%2FgetAttachment%3Fdocume ntId%3DTSE-S800-15%26cmd%3Ddocuments%26documentName%3DTSE-S800-15C.pdf&usg=AOvVaw19DZ9FUJyKRRYWNkE4-N16
    Or
    https://www.yaskawa.com/delegate/get...E-S800-15C.pdf

I've gone through this twice and there's no mention of RS-232 control?.
    It shows that the operator serial port is for a little digital operator unit keypad.
    To connect direct to PC it states it needs 'exclusive use cable' type DE9405258

(Mactec will tell me off now)
    No RS232, only at the computer end it would be if using that type of connection

I'm sure he is aware of the Digital Operator you can buy these on eBay if he has a problem with a computer connection

With the correct cable and software it is not a problem to connect the drive to a computer

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Having issue connecting with Yaskawa Servopack SGDA-08AS (servopack not found)-remote-control-computer-yaskawa-servo-drive-sgda  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

So got rid of the exception and motor is powered and is on "standby", I still don't quite understand how the pulse generation pins (20-24) need to be hooked up.

Downloads
    Uploads

So got rid of the exception and motor is powered and is on "standby", I still don't quite understand how the pulse generation pins (20-24) need to be hooked up.
    The drives don't use a Step / Dir Pulse they use a Analog signal +/- 10v you may be able to run it with a Pot with 10v supply for what you need

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Having issue connecting with Yaskawa Servopack SGDA-08AS (servopack not found)-pot-yaskawa-sgda-drive-control-jpg   Having issue connecting with Yaskawa Servopack SGDA-08AS (servopack not found)-pot-yaskawa-sgda-drive-connection-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The drives don't use a Step / Dir Pulse they use a Analog signal +/- 10v you may be able to run it with a Pot with 10v supply for what you need
    Yep.
    Diagram on page 33. (2.3)
    Shows V-REF & GND likely for analog. No pulse connections for spd/tque mode.

The pins he mentioned earlier (20-24) look like the encoder feedback. (Actually 20-25), with 19 for indexing?.

Positon mode looks like 1CN pins 1-4 as pul/dir.

Pin 36 for cable shielding.

That's how it looks anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have my test rig running so PM me I emptied my box and lost your contact

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

So it turns out that the drive works just fine with the hand held operator ( Thanks mactec54 !) and I firmly agree that these drives were not meant to be used with the sigmawin software. If others can establish communication I take my cap off to you but for me the operator was the way to go. Thanks to everyone who helped me troubleshoot this issue and have a great day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12