Need help with a servo and driver

Thread: Need help with a servo and driver

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help with a servo and driver

so long story short, I was given 8 of these servo motors and drivers and I don't know the first thing about DC servo motors, but I find myself in a situation where I could possibly use a few of them. I could use some help figuring out what voltage these motors should be run at as they are not marked on the face plate. I also don't understand why a DC servo would have 4 wires that all go to brushes, so any insight would be appreciated. I've looked the internet up and down and can't seem to find a spec sheet anywhere for this part number (Inductive Components PN IC-10166-1)

I found the manual for the Copley Drive (303-1) after a long internet search so I have the pin outs, although I have no idea what the little daughter card connected to it does. The power input and motor output signal is wired directly to it.

Need help with a servo and driver-20210505_172734-jpg

Need help with a servo and driver-20210505_174932-jpg

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with a servo and driver

Have you contacted Copley's tech support? They seem to still be in business, and probably have some old guy in the back who can answer questions about their legacy products https://www.copleycontrols.com/en/

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with a servo and driver

Well, I have less questions about the actual control as I do the servo. Worst case I could take off the daughter card and run straight to the control, but I'd be curious to see if anyone knows what that little card might do as maybe it's worth keeping.

The servo on the other hand, I'm at a loss. Inductive Components is no longer around in any fashion it seems.