Newbie Servo Drive Controls I/O - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Servo Drive Controls I/O

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Servo Drive Controls I/O

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,

It's called active low and is very common in industrial control hence servo manufacturers tend to use it.

Craig
    I'm beginning to learn At least it was something simple and not a costly mistake.
    Well. Thanks again for helping me out Craig.

Next thing is..... The box. You don't realise how big some of the equipment is until you lay it out on the base plate.
    600x600 box is actually a bit small. Going to have to stack some of the components if I want it all in there to futureproof it.
    Not ideal.
    At least it has a decent 300mm height.

Darren.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    box????....Oh Yeah, I was going to make one of those....but I just got so busy.....I ended up nailing and/or screwing the boards to a piece of MDF and got on with the job at hand. Been like that for
    six years, haven't had to pry out any electrocuted toddlers, pets, neighbours, neighbours pets....Shame really, there is one neighbour for whom electrocution is too good....but I digress.

My new build mill will hopefully be a bit better.

The motion control board, the BoB's (2),the level translator IO board and the step/dir differential board are screwed to a 250mm x 400mm plastic chopping board/breadboard.
    So when I say I've breadboarded my control system I bloody well mean it!!!

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    box????....Oh Yeah, I was going to make one of those....but I just got so busy.....I ended up nailing and/or screwing the boards to a piece of MDF and got on with the job at hand. Been like that for
    six years, haven't had to pry out any electrocuted toddlers, pets, neighbours, neighbours pets....Shame really, there is one neighbour for whom electrocution is too good....but I digress.
    My new build mill will hopefully be a bit better.
    The motion control board, the BoB's (2),the level translator IO board and the step/dir differential board are screwed to a 250mm x 400mm plastic chopping board/breadboard.
    So when I say I've breadboarded my control system I bloody well mean it!!!
    Craig
    Craig. You really do crack me up!.
    I'm laughing and crying at the same time.

Why didn't I think of the chopping board.

Darren.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I was of the opinion the DO's were opto-transistor outputs, that is to say they are neither high or low until or unless you apply power,
    so are rather either conducting or non-conducting.

Craig
    Hi Craig.
    Sorry about this but I want to pick your brain again.
    Everything seems to work perfectly but I'm not convinced on Lichuan's wiring diagram when it comes to the mains input.

They have it so that both main & control power come out of the filter straight into the servo. What is the point of having the 'servo ready' fault then if they both go off together?.
    I figure that the main power line should be run through a contactor seperately so that the main power can kill the motor but leave the control power entact
    For instance... an estop (or other fault elsewhere) triggers contact - shuts off the main motor power - control power still exists to say there's an alarm condition.

To my mind this sounds more logical. Yes?

Daz.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Hi Craig.
    Sorry about this but I want to pick your brain again.
    Everything seems to work perfectly but I'm not convinced on Lichuan's wiring diagram when it comes to the mains input.

They have it so that both main & control power come out of the filter straight into the servo. What is the point of having the 'servo ready' fault then if they both go off together?.
    I figure that the main power line should be run through a contactor seperately so that the main power can kill the motor but leave the control power entact
    For instance... an estop (or other fault elsewhere) triggers contact - shuts off the main motor power - control power still exists to say there's an alarm condition.

To my mind this sounds more logical. Yes?

Daz.
    The way you are thinking, is how it is normally done

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The way you are thinking, is how it is normally done
    Thank you for clearing that up.

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    Thank you for clearing that up.

Daz
    Hi Daz, I have the same setup and in need of a bit of help. I’ve sent a pm to you. Pls look at it.

Thanks, Poul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123