Nema 34 Servo with 3/8" shaft

Thread: Nema 34 Servo with 3/8" shaft

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Nema 34 Servo with 3/8" shaft

Hello. I inherited an older CNT motion router from the late 90's. I'm looking to completely change out motors, drivers,and controller. The router had teknic nema 34 servos with a 3/8" shaft size. In looking around online, it looks like the standard is 1/2" shaft diameter. Does anyone make a nema 34 servo with 3/8" shaft? It would make retrofitting easier. I will attach a pic of the original motor. Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nema 34 Servo with 3/8" shaft-img-20201019-wa0056-jpg  

Default Re: Nema 34 Servo with 3/8" shaft

You can get the clearpath nema 34 clearparh servos with a shaft of that size. They aren't steppers but are drop in replacements for steppers of you want another option...

They are more expensive than steppers but you don't need drivers then, so the difference isn't actually that large most of the time if you compare to quality steppers.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your reply. I talked with Tom Tullar at Clearpath this morning. He said that standard nema 34 started out as 3/8" shaft, but as motors have evolved, 1/2" has become standard. He did not have a 3/8" shaft servo in nema 34 size. This is the motor he recommended, but it means changing mounting blocks, gear pulleys, bearings,etc.

https://www.teknic.com/model-info/CPM-SDSK-3436P-RLN/

Default Re: Nema 34 Servo with 3/8" shaft

Oh man sorry to hear that. So brutal when what should be a simple procedure turns into a massive research and sourcing project. Nema 34 Servo with 3/8" shaft

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk