Newbie Can servo drive run steppers with encoder ?

Thread: Can servo drive run steppers with encoder ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Can servo drive run steppers with encoder ?

Hi all .,,

I have a quite sturdy homebuilt cnc built for everything from plastic to steel.. Right now im running normal steppers that are ok but my drivers have been acting up as they are old but still good

I have a friend that works with robotics for the automotive industri in germany and he is able to get me 4 Lenze EVS9322-ES servo drives with psu and software... But he cant get motors , but i have some Vexta PK299-E4.5B stepper motors " nema34 " with encoders on.

But i have NO idea if it is possible to use these drives with those motors ?

If there is anyone here that has the knowledge if this is possible somehow it would be very appriciated to get some feedback and help

Best regards ,

Kris

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Can servo drive run steppers with encoder ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristjan1505 View Post
    Hi all .,,

I have a quite sturdy homebuilt cnc built for everything from plastic to steel.. Right now im running normal steppers that are ok but my drivers have been acting up as they are old but still good

I have a friend that works with robotics for the automotive industri in germany and he is able to get me 4 Lenze EVS9322-ES servo drives with psu and software... But he cant get motors , but i have some Vexta PK299-E4.5B stepper motors " nema34 " with encoders on.

But i have NO idea if it is possible to use these drives with those motors ?

If there is anyone here that has the knowledge if this is possible somehow it would be very appriciated to get some feedback and help

Best regards ,

Kris
    They will not compatible, better use same brand motor and driver.

http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Downloads
    Uploads

No, the servo motors for the Lenze are 3 phase motors. The steppers are 2 phase.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

ok .,,, thank for the help guys