Need Help! VEXTA KBL Servo Series - Motor/Drive

Thread: VEXTA KBL Servo Series - Motor/Drive

Exclamation VEXTA KBL Servo Series - Motor/Drive

Hello!
    I recently bought a used VEXTA servo motor and drive, it sadly had no manual with it so i tried looking up for a manual online and i found one, but it wasn't helpful to my need
    im new to servo motors (i use stepper mostly) and i wanna know if its possible to connect my drive/motor to PC (mach3)? (the manual i found online didnt show connections to a breakout board/PC and i dont know how to connect it properly)

ill include pictures of the motor/drive and also the manual i found online.
    if anyone has any knowledge to share about this, please do!

many thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VEXTA KBL Servo Series - Motor/Drive-107704365_3247575828638565_410147044373696841_n-jpg   VEXTA KBL Servo Series - Motor/Drive-107867066_2752496385035138_1996032962283272941_n-jpg   VEXTA KBL Servo Series - Motor/Drive-107913797_904557569954206_1648539533373506498_n-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VEXTA KBL Servo Series - Motor/Drive

It appears that the Vextra drive will not take step & direction signals. Only analog input. Thus will not work with a standard Mach3 breakout. Mach3 has plugins for Mesa, Dynomotion, and Galil products that would run that drive.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    It appears that the Vextra drive will not take step & direction signals. Only analog input. Thus will not work with a standard Mach3 breakout. Mach3 has plugins for Mesa, Dynomotion, and Galil products that would run that drive.
    Thank you Jim for replying to me!
    If i may ask, then how can i make it work in a CNC?

Downloads
    Uploads

You would need a analog output motion controller connected to the drive and Mach3. Mach3 has plugins for Mesa, Dynomotion, and Galil products that would run that drive.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    You would need a analog output motion controller connected to the drive and Mach3. Mach3 has plugins for Mesa, Dynomotion, and Galil products that would run that drive.
    So I can use a analog output motion controller to make it work with a CNC? And if i cant use mach3, what program can i use to make it work with the PC?
    Also do I need a manual on how to connect the drive to the analog? I tried contacting the VEXTA support team but they were of no help sadly.
    Im sorry if im asking too many questions, as i am new to the servo side!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by haroutkhaloian View Post
    So I can use a analog output motion controller to make it work with a CNC?
    Yes

And if i cant use mach3, what program can i use to make it work with the PC?
    Dynomotion, CamSoft, Centroid, or LinuxCNC would be good choices.

Also do I need a manual on how to connect the drive to the analog?
    That information is in the manual you provided above. But after looking through that manual, I don't think that the VEXTA drive/motor is a good fit for a CNC machine tool axis drive, but it could be used in some special positioning applications.

sorry if im asking too many questions, as i am new to the servo side!
    That's how we learn.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA