Need Help! Emerson Control Techniques EP and EB Serrvo Drives

Thread: Emerson Control Techniques EP and EB Serrvo Drives

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Emerson Control Techniques EP and EB Serrvo Drives

Hi all
    I have been given some drives and motors from a friend out of decommisioned printing equipment.
    Some are older Baldor Drives and motors which were really easy to use as the software made it easy to set them for step and direction so they went straight onto my mill, but I only had 2 of them
    but I have 2 Epsilon Eb 202 drives and motors and 2 Epsilon EP drives and motors.
    The EP's have an ethernet port and go straigt onto Powertools 6.0 and are accesable for programming.
    The Eb's have an RS-232/RS-485 port and I can hook a serial terminal to them and connect using either comms format and see data comming from the drive but if I switch over to Powertools 6.0
    it cant find the drives no matter how I set the comms.

I just want to configure one of them for step and direction so that I can use it to complete the mill z axis.
    The EP drives while being accesable dont apear to be able to be programmed as just dumb servos with step/dir inputs.
    The manual shows that you can configure a follwer using the aux encoder input which I tried and failed .
    Way too smart a drive for me.
    The Eb's are dumber and supposed to be followers but I cant connect the software to them.

Hope there is a servo Guru out there that can help.

Thanks
    Greg.