Uploads

Hi jasonBeamer

Again excellent work you are doing your carvings are great

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default ask you a question

Boy i've been following this thread for a year and so glad for you getting your machine up and going. I also have 2 of those seiko pick-n-place robots i'm converting and this servo stuff is just driving me nuts. did you end up using 'S' or 'P' series servopacks? and if P's did you build some of those max-mod 10volt boards? I can just bet with those 1 to 1 ballscrews that thing flys. thanks in advance and thanks for keeping this thread alive. joe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I used the p version

I used the P version, and no I didnt use the 10v converter. If these things are driving you crazy I'll could take them off your hands for you hahahahaha. There a bit tricky but there worth the effort. Got more pics at http://www.legno.com.mx

Last edited by jasonmbeamer; 12-02-2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added more

Downloads
    Uploads

Default support request

Hi jasonmbeamer

can you send the pcb files that you did for the BOB

what software you used to do it?

i have the yaskawa drives and servo motors but don't have the BOB so i thought to buy it but you said you did it yourself

thank you for helping

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help

Hi All friends

I've connected my servomotor with the yaskawa drive but the motor vibrates and hamming and doesn't rotate just vibrating

what do you think about this problem you should know all connections are good and checked many times

i don't know if the drive or the encoder has the fault!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default It is working

Hi all friends

finally it is working thanks for you all

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yaskawa SGDH and SGDA servo motor/drive wiring questions

Hi, I know Yaskawa SGDA is really ancient drive, but I have some of those and they are working, so why not to use them. I intent to build a CNC milling machine with my Kavo 4041 spindle and Planet CNC controller/sw. I have linear units with ball screws ready and Yaskawa SGMP04 200V 400W motors paired with those. Motors and my SGDA amps are tested ok. I have J*USP-OP02A digital operator for those.

There is just one problem. My drives are SGDA-04VP (400W, 200V) and for some reason they have limited power output with parameter to 50W or 100W. There is a parameter Cn-04 (Motor parameter display) and it shows F.0201 for an example, while it should be F.0204. There is thing called "Modification Index" on the menu below Cn-04, but I cant edit that.
    Is there anybody who is familiar with old Yaskawas and could help me with this?

Yaskawa SGDH and SGDA servo motor/drive wiring questions-img_4087-jpg

-I already contacted local Yaskawa support and they said they can't help because they don't have documentation for old SGDA amps.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmbeamer View Post
    Its been awhile (been buissy). But i wanted to let everyone know this thing has been up and running for awhile now with not one prob. this is as sweet as it gets. very smooth, extremely fast 1400 inch per minute. extremely reliable. thanx for all your guys help out there....

Attachment 91827

Attachment 91828

Attachment 91829

Attachment 91830

Attachment 91831

Attachment 91832
    Dear jason, can you please send me pinout connection and wire diagram.for your drive , aslo did you use step/dir or +-10v

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Hi rpseguin

The SGDH Drives are + / - 10v and is not STEP & DIR The SGDA also is
    + / - 10v signal to drive them I'm not sure on the step & dir with that drive but some can take the step & dir the SGDA---P Position Control is No good for CNC Just for robot type of things there is a board that will change Step & Dir Signal into + / -10V The drives should be set up for Speed Control Mode for CNC operation The SGDA type Drives will only take 2048 Encoder motors SIGMA I the SGDH can take from 2048x4 (13 Bit) to 32,768x4 (17Bit) I run mine at 16,384x4 (16Bit) encoder pulses per 1 rotation of the motor shaft You need a very good controller ( Computer & Software ) to handle the large encoder pulses all SIGMA II series have the big encoder count on the motors as standard
    Can you please tell me if yaskawa sgdb-10vd is step/dir or +-10v , can you send me wire diagram

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bujar.gashi View Post
    Can you please tell me if yaskawa sgdb-10vd is step/dir or +-10v , can you send me wire diagram
    I replied to your other post

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello from Barcelona Spain.
    I have a mach3 controlled lathe. I use 3 waskawa SGDH servo motors. 2 for the X, Z axes. and 1 for the spindle. all three by step-by-step control (position control).
    but now I'm modifying the spindle for speed control. I have wired it and it works by 0-10v control, but the problem is to reverse the direction of rotation, because the SDGH works -10a + 10v.
    The question is:
    What pins do I have to use and what data do I have to program with the "sigmawin"
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by caripen View Post
    I have a mach3 controlled lathe. I use 3 waskawa SGDH servo motors. 2 for the X, Z axes. and 1 for the spindle. all three by step-by-step control (position control).
    but now I'm modifying the spindle for speed control. I have wired it and it works by 0-10v control, but the problem is to reverse the direction of rotation, because the SDGH works -10a + 10v.
    The question is:
    What pins do I have to use and what data do I have to program with the "sigmawin"
    Thanks
    Usually on a servo there is a direction pin on the IO that you apply power to it for on or off (fwd/rev).
    Is this your drives related wiring diagram in the link?.
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...I3NnigOijU3SY4
    If so, then pins 42,43 are related to direction. You'd either use relays or optocouplers.

Afaic to change direction.... 43=on 42=off will allow reverse running. 42=on 43=off will allow forward running.
    Control speed with the +10v on vref and sg (5=+10v 6=gnd).
    Only wire as this if the above wiring diagram is the same as the one in your manual.
    All the peramiters that need changing will be in the manual. Have a read.

Message Mactec54 directly with any questions regarding yaskawa.

Downloads
    Uploads

The question is:
    Thanks
    You use the same connections you are using, and just switch the 0-10v polarity from + to - no parameters to change if you already have it running

You may need ( 2 ) SSRs to do this which would be controlled from your control / Breakout Board outputs

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there.
    Thanks for the quick answers.
    I cannot reverse cables 5 and 6, as they share ground (0v) with the +24 of terminal 47 and ground of terminal 1
    When sending an (M3) or (M4) from mach3, the input changes terminal 43 state, the motor with (M5) stops as the voltage of 5 and 6 drops to zero.
    Question? The SGDH drivers can reverse the direction of rotation keeping the same voltage on terminals 5 and 6, but modifying terminals 40-41-42-43 or some other terminal, and modifying the programming of the internal programmable switches of the SGDH

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there.
    Thanks for the quick answers.
    I cannot reverse cables 5 and 6, as they share ground (0v) with the +24 of terminal 47 and ground of terminal 1
    When sending an (M3) or (M4) from mach3, the input changes terminal 43 state, the motor with (M5) stops as the voltage of 5 and 6 drops to zero.
    Question? The SGDH drivers can reverse the direction of rotation keeping the same voltage on terminals 5 and 6, but modifying terminals 40-41-42-43 or some other terminal, and modifying the programming of the internal programmable switches of the SGDH
    Find the manual and read it.
    It will show terminal xx reverse inhibit & xx forward inhibit. (likely when OFF). If you inhibit 1 of these using a relay and not the other it will go in one direction. If you swap it round to inhibit the other one it will go the other direction. My docs showed these as 42-43. Then look for the corresponding paramiters.
    40 (servo ON) you should have on anyway. Try 41 either ON/OFF to see if it makes any difference to 42-43.
    I would use normal relays with no/nc outputs and configure them in such a way that 1 goes off (no) and 1 goes on (nc) when M3 is called so they can use a single output to trigger both and operate 42-43 correctly. Use pin 17 from bob bottom row with jumper set to disable onboard relay.
    Send M4 to a non-existant output, this will then turn off M3 when M4 called, which will switch relays over and swap 42-43 config to go in opposite direction.

No need to change analoge 5.6 then.

Newer servo's seem simpler. So far I just see terminal xx is ON= CW and OFF= CCW (or vice versa) using a single relay. (Which is how mine is).

Last edited by dazp1976; 08-30-2021 at 05:50 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yaskawa SGDH and SGDA servo motor/drive wiring questions-pin-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Just wanted to let everyone know Things are working great.

Downloads
    Uploads

Erm.
    Are you trying to control 40, 41, 42, 43, direct from the breakout board?.
    The servo uses 24v control... The breakout board uses 5v. This is incompatible.
    This is why we said use relays!.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the kind of thing to do to do it properly.
    Bear in mind your pin numbers may differ slightly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yaskawa SGDH and SGDA servo motor/drive wiring questions-img_20210830_135833-jpg  
    Last edited by dazp1976; 08-30-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast