ELAU servomotor encoder programming

Thread: ELAU servomotor encoder programming

Default ELAU servomotor encoder programming

Some of ELAU SM servo motors utilize SICK STEGMANN encoders of type SRM50. My SM motor had a defective SRM50 and I bought a new one from SICK. I assume new encoders are always data-free and need to be programmed according to defective or other healthy encoders which already is working in factory line. So I looked for programming tool of SICK for SRM50 encoders and of course SOPAS ET software. But more I tried to program the new one, more I disappointed, because the HEX file of the new one never match the old one, and doesn't recognize in ElAU SERCOS topology (along with C400 controller and MC-4). (The topology is complete because other ELAU SM motors recognizable.) Any idea? Could it be done just by ELAU Auto-Tuning?

Regards
    Badil

P.S. In programming the new encoders, I export the *.sdv file from old or healthy encoder and then importing it to the new one.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: ELAU servomotor encoder programming

I found that ELAU put an electronic nameplate on their motors so could be easily recognized by ELAU controllers, Does it like an electronic signature so nobody can copy it to a row encoder?
    Regards

Default Re: ELAU servomotor encoder programming

Yesterday I connect my ELAU SM motors to an Indramat HCS02 drive (universal single axis model) to see if the commutation is possible via Indramat drive.

The result was awful; My SM motors apparently lost its EEPROM (The diag code 117), Cause the ELAU pacdrive system doesn't recognize it anymore.

I tried to reprogram it according to healthy encoders via PGT-11, and although the procedure of programming goes right (apparently), the pacdrive system does not recognize it.

Could it be from fault steps of programming?