Yaskawa SGDB bench test problems

Thread: Yaskawa SGDB bench test problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Yaskawa SGDB bench test problems

I've recently brought a 2000 Biesse Rover 23 which I'm in the process of tearing down. I've already got a 4x8 joes style machine but the Rover dwarfs that machine.
    The Biesse has Yaskawa SGDB drives and an old HSD motion controller.
    I'll be installing a new controller and removing most of the pneumatics and I/O. I have no need for the boring head or the vacuum table.
    I've got the tool changer servo and drive removed from the machine and setup on the bench. I've run through the test setup section of the manual but can't get the motor to jog.
    I've set the memory switches for overtravel and enable. The digital user displays 'run' when the drive turns on. When I go into the ch-00 and enter jog mode I can change the motor to the on state but the up and down arrows don't jog the motor.

The red alarm LED is lit but I can't figure out how to clear it or get an error code.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Yaskawa SGDB bench test problems

Dug in and found that the jog speed was set to 0. I set it to 150 RPM and now get some movement from the motor but it's not as it should be. The motor kind of jumps 1/8 of a turn then stalls. If I don't hit the data button to stop jog mode it eventually throws a A71 error which is an overload.

Downloads
    Uploads

Servo drive is SGDB-02VN
    Motor is SGMP-02V3YG11

Is there any way to get a baseline set of parameters for this motor to input into the drive? I can't even find a reference to the SGMP-02 in the manual. SGMP-04 is the smallest drive listed.
    I've never seen the machine running so I have no way of confirming that the motor was running before it was decommissioned. Seems odd that it wouldn't jog as it was set but maybe not.

Another step forward in the chain. I read another post where incorrect wiring led to erratic motor performance. On a whim I changed the UVW connections around to see what would happen. I can now jog the motor. Some times. About half the time it jogs smoothly and half the time it buzzes loudly and moves. I tried upping the RPM to 2000 (3000 RPM motor) and it errors straight away with I think a pulse overflow error. Error A.d0 which is conveniently not listed in the manual. I had to google it to find out what it was and even then it might not be correct info.

At 150 rpm it will jog most of the time but any force applied to the shaft causes the buzzing to start and it then keeps buzzing even if I stop jogging the motor.

I tried auto tuning but it errors out about 5 seconds into the process.

Last edited by Stotheh; 07-21-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Stotheh, check out ebay and look for the Yaskawa JUSP-OP02A
    digital operator. You will be able to examine and re-check the drive parameters.
    Also, download the SigmaWIn Software and configure the drive by software.
    https://www.yaskawa.com/downloads/se...num=JZSP-WP002
    You can also configure the drives for your specific motor.
    https://www.yaskawa.com/pycsearch?keywords=sgdb&selCollection=Entire%20Sit e

https://www.artisantg.com/info/PDF__...616E75616C.pdf

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Last edited by Iron-Man; 07-22-2019 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Software / hardware Info

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice, thanks for that info. I've got a digital operator thankfully, that's how I was able to get as far as I got.
    Software programming will be so much easier if I can get it to work. It's a serial connection I assume?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Stotheh View Post
    Nice, thanks for that info. I've got a digital operator thankfully, that's how I was able to get as far as I got.
    Software programming will be so much easier if I can get it to work. It's a serial connection I assume?
    Yes, it is a simple RS232 interface.

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Iron-Man; 07-22-2019 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Note

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The electrical schematic from the machine should have Biesse's "customised" setting for each drive in it.
    Mark T.
    www.cnccustomservices.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't think of that. I've got the schematic manual, I'll have a dig through. Thanks for that!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Stotheh View Post
    I didn't think of that. I've got the schematic manual, I'll have a dig through. Thanks for that!

Hello, I am doing the same with my Biesse Rover23. Did you have any success ?