Programming / Debugging cable JMC JASD4002 Driver RJ45 RS232

Thread: Programming / Debugging cable JMC JASD4002 Driver RJ45 RS232

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Programming / Debugging cable JMC JASD4002 Driver RJ45 RS232

Hi,
    I'm trying to connect to a JMC JASD4002 Driver (Chinese Manufacturer 400W Servo Driver) over the RJ45 connector. The Pin out is:
    Programming / Debugging cable JMC JASD4002 Driver RJ45 RS232-bildschirmfoto-2019-07-14-um-12-54-a

On the other side I have a FTDI RS232 to USB converter. Which RJ45 pin is connected to which Pin on the DB9 RS232 Connector? Are the 5V needed for the Driver Side? Or is the Driver supplying 5V? Any advice is really appreciated !!!
    Many Thanks
    Karl

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Programming / Debugging cable JMC JASD4002 Driver RJ45 RS232

I've just brought a JMC JACD4002(Ebay) and am looking for the same thing. I found this image here;

https://shop.cnc-technics.de/product...iell-port.html

which seem to suggest a straight thru cable with no converter? There's a link on the same page to download the software if you haven't got it. My driver and motor have 20Z for the encoder code, not 20B but I can find no reference anywhere to what the 20Z means?

If you have found and info please post.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    unfortunately I found an answer for my Driver Motor Package. There are two Versions in the market. One up to a certain Firmware and one from this Point upwards. My driver has V2.7 this one has the RJ45 Connectors, but they are without any function! A firmware upgrade is not possible!! Be aware!!! Technical support from JMC is unfriendly and incompetent. When they hear, that you bought it over ebay they „recommend“ to ask the seller for technical support.... This driver and motor is a useless piece of s...teel :-).up to FW Version 6 or 7- I don‘t remember exactly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Programming / Debugging cable JMC JASD4002 Driver RJ45 RS232

Thanks for that. I was a bit worried when I brought it that I might have problems but at AU$365 posted I thought I'd give it a go. You can still program it manually thru the driver display. I've have a bit of a play and have got it doing what I want, just powering the z axis on a bridgeport clone milling machine.

The joys of buying crap off ebay, but hey, at least it's cheap!