I have a converted PM45 built by another member here. Very good job, ive had it for 5ish years.

Recently went out to use it and started having X axis servo fault issues so i got to digging.

I sorted out that the servo was possibly bad so i ordered a new kl34-180-90 to replace the kl34-170-90 per kelling. New servo seems to power up correctly so now im thinking its encoder related.

The problem was DIM lights on the G320x driver power on and in pos. with encoder detached lights are fine and after reset motor will spin as it should. i swapped in a new AMT 102v encoder and the problem persists.

I have swapped power and encoder lines and the problems jump to whichever driver i am hooked up to, leading me to believe its connections outward. Servo being hooked up and running says thats good? so its encoder connection out to encoder. I OHMd the connection on the cable to try to check for a break and everything seems good.

i think next check will be to pull encoder and cable from another axis to try on the X with driver and see what happens.

Any tips or places to check?

Thank you.