I had an alarm 1 over speed on speedcontrol mode on servo driver, powering ac servo motor.
But the voltage i send from the upper pc computer was way below the limits. (+10V-0V -10V-0V). I was applying around 6V

1 Overspeed The speed of the servo motor exceeds the set value. Command speed of too fast ?Reduce the command speed. ?Acceleration/deceleration unstable ?Adjust the acceleration/deceleration constant. ?Load too great ?Reduce the load.

I am certain I got this alarm because of the voltage I am applying is fast acceleration and deceleration. The voltage shoots up pretty quick. I explained this to the manufacturer.

The manufacturer told me to increase parameter :23 Maximum speed limit The setting of the maximum speed limit of the servo motor is related to the servo motor.( 0-5000 ).

Mine is set to 1800. My motor max rpm is 1500.

The manufacturer told me to up it to 3500 but I am not sure what that is going to do because I am certain it is the problem with acceleration but they will know better than me.

Can someone in basic english , quick summarise what the below parameters achieve please:

5 Speed proportional gain a. Increase the proportional gain of rigid set speed loop regulator. b. The greater the set value is, the higher the gain is and the greater the rigidity is. The value of the parameter is determined according to the specific model of the servo driver system and load condition. Generally, the greater the load inertia is, the greater the set value is. c. Set a greater value as much as possible without oscillation produced by the system. 50-500 [ 150 ]

6 Speed integral time constant a. Set the time constant for the integral of the speed loop regulator. b. Able to inhibit motor overshooting. The smaller the set value is, the faster the integral speed is. A too small set value easily produces overshooting, while a too great set value slows the response. c. The set value is determined according to the specific model of the servo driver system and load condition. Generally, the greater the load inertia is, the greater the set value is.

40 Acceleration time constant The set value means the acceleration time of the motor from 0-1000r/min. Linear acceleration and deceleration characteristics are only used for the speed control mode. If the upper computer has acceleration and deceleration characteristics, this parameter should be set to zero. 1-10000 [ 100 ]

41 Deceleration time constant The set value means the deceleration time of the motor from 1000-0r/min. Linear acceleration and deceleration characteristics are only used for the speed control mode. If the upper computer has acceleration and deceleration characteristics, this parameter should be set to zero.