continuing with tuning

Thread: continuing with tuning

Activation process Spoiledbrat2's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default continuing with tuning

Wish I knew what I was doing here. I used sigmasize to determine that the inertia ratio is around 1046 for my gantry (I plugged in half the weight of the gantry). Instead of 10:1 ratio, I plugged in 15:1 for my inertia. I did this after experimenting with 10:1, and arrived at very much the same results. My Y carriage was autotuned, and inertia calculated to be 6.55:1 ratio.

Attached is a tuning trace. The servo appears to stay within 10 counts (around 0.001") position error, but I believe the motion is noisy, and not as smooth as the Y axis. Does anyone have any advise in cleaning up my tuning? I would like to think that the torque fluctuations (magenta line) could be reduced into a smoother form. As you can see in the image, the torque bounces between 125% and 50% during the accel/decell of the axis. If anyone has any advise on smoothing out this signal, please share.

I am attaching parameters in a text file. If anyone knows a good cnc integrator in my area (central texas), with Yaskawa gantry tuning experience, please pm me.

Cheers,

Rob Forney