New Machine Build SERVO-ON, ALARM RESET, SERVO READY CONTROLS WHAT TO DO?

Thread: SERVO-ON, ALARM RESET, SERVO READY CONTROLS WHAT TO DO?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SERVO-ON, ALARM RESET, SERVO READY CONTROLS WHAT TO DO?

HELLO, I'M LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE.
    I HAVE X5 LICHUAN B2 SERIES SERVO DRIVERS(X,Y,Y,Z,SPINDLE) AND ALSO A VFD SPINDLE. MY BOB IS A DDMMV2.1. I'M GOING TO USE MACH3. I HAVE EVERYTHING WIRED, BUT LASTLY TO MAKE MY SERVO CABLE TERMINATION TO THE BOB. I CHECKED OVER THE SERVO MANUAL AND RAN INTO THIS.
    FROM THE SERVO DRIVE. I HAVE SERVO ON INPUT (ENABLE), ALARM RESET SIGNAL INPUT(RESET ERROR), AND SERVO READY OUTPUT(OK).
    THE MACHINE IS A GANTRY TABLE WITH 4X 1KW AC SERVOS , 1X 1.5KW AC SERVO(SPINDLE) AND A SECOND VFD SPINDLE.
    I WOULD WANT ALL THE MOTORS THE STOP IF ONE DRIVE FAULTED. I DO HAVE MANY EXTRA INPUTS AND OUTPUTS ON MY BREAKOUT BOARD.BUT I DON'T SEE MACH3 HANDLING THIS. ANY SUGGESTIONS TO THE CONTROLS? I CAN ADD IN PUSH BUTTONS.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=365716&stc=1

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SERVO-ON, ALARM RESET, SERVO READY CONTROLS WHAT TO DO?-img_4065-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SERVO-ON, ALARM RESET, SERVO READY CONTROLS WHAT TO DO?

UPDATE:
    I WILL USE THE 6 ENABLES OUTPUT FROM THE BOB. I HAVE 6 MOMENTARY PUSH BUTTONS WHICH I WILL INSTALL DIRECTLY TO THE DRIVERS FOR ERROR/FAULT RESET.
    AS FOR THE SERVO ON/FAULT OUTPUT FROM THE DRIVES. MACH3 ONLY HAS INPUT 1-4. WHICH I SEE CAN BE USED FOR A FAULT INPUT. BUT I HAVE 6. SHOULD I NEED TO JUST TERMINATE ALL 6 TO ONE(INPUT 1)?

Downloads
    Uploads

I am assuming if any servo faulted the Servo-Ready output would change state. If so it should be integrated into a recognized E-Stop circuit and this would drop out the MC contactor to the drive unit.
    Do you have a proper E-stop circuit in place?
    Al..

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I DO HAVE AN ESTOP WIRED DIRECTLY TO THE BOB AND SET TO MACH'S ESTOP CONF. I HAVEN'T INSTALLED ANY HARDWIRING TO A MASTER CONTACTOR. I JUST CAME OFF A DISCONNECT TO A TERMINAL STRIP AND TAPPED LINE VOLTAGE WIRING TO EACH DRIVE.SERVO-ON, ALARM RESET, SERVO READY CONTROLS WHAT TO DO?-img_4066-1-jpg
    I COULD INSTALL AN EXTERNAL ENCLOSURE FOR A CONTACTOR FOR THE MAIN LINE VOLTAGE.... THAT WOULD ELIMINATE THE NEED OF THE RESET BUTTON. BECAUSE POWERING THEM DOWN AND UP WOULD CLEAR/RESET. I ALSO WOULD NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENED..OR MAYBE THERE IS A ERROR HISTORY IN THE DRIVER. MACH3 WOULD BE BLIND... RIGHT??

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

Do us a favor and turn off your caps lock. It's the equivalent of shouting on the internet, and it makes it a lot harder to read along when the capitalization of the wording is incorrect.

Thanks,
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL. Sure can. Your not the first. Its just my way I type and write.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. That was a lot easier on the eyes to read.

Stuff that's easier to read is also likely to garner more responses to requests for help.

Downloads
    Uploads

For now i have connected each servo drive/VFD errors through N/O outputs to one input to the BOB/mach3. I've planned to take the servo spindle error out to a different input. Because when I don't have the servo/encoder spindle connected it has a fault.Because I have my vfd spindle installed. From there I figured the inputs can be setup to stop motion. From a brain or script... or the logics.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hy Guys - This is a failed IQ test type question ... and yes this is an old thread - but it looks like you have gotten past my issue

I banged into a silly issue, I can only drive the servo clockwise. It seems to be a setting for a CCWL somewhere turned on but I can't find it.

Driver: A1-SVD15 - but it seems there are 100 different brands of the same driver. I have 4 of these - they can jog CW/CCW but you move them with CP/DP there will happily drive CW, but when you back up they stop and look at you as to say "hey buddy ya missed something"

There is a setting for a limit switch you can map to an input - I've tried that as an override but no go. it would seem from the factory they disable CCW movement.

there are settings P006,p0077 - but they have no effect - I half expected them to also be able to block CW movement - but they don't seem to be active...

Support from the online support is Zip - I got an email back after two weeks. "please read the manual, it say every thing" - but not enough for me to work out the issue.

I've spent days turning stuff on/off one at a time but can't get past it - so has anyone been there done that and got the t-shirt along the way?

this is the English version of the manual...

https://www.google.com/search?q=YICH...%80%BA%20forum

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deancnc View Post
    this is the English version of the manual...

https://www.google.com/search?q=YICH...%80%BA%20forum
    Link doesn't take you to a manual.

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry Dazp1976 - it takes you to a search for the manual - this link downloads it - which is the top item in that link

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...0;attach=44811

as you can see in the search link there are about 10 different brand names for the same controller.

I was hoping someone smarter than me would to a setting that was standout as the trigger for locking out the CCW movement.

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry Dazp1976 - it takes you to a search for the manual - this link downloads it - which is the top item in that link
    https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...0;attach=44811
    as you can see in the search link there are about 10 different brand names for the same controller.
    I was hoping someone smarter than me would to a setting that was standout as the trigger for locking out the CCW movement.
    Can't really see much there.
    I assume you're using it as P/D not analog speed control?.

Pn006 With/without positive driving is prohibited. Put back to 0. (Do not use)

Have you wired it as differential.... or as open collector (like stepper drives)?
    The diagram isn't clever.
    If done as open collector (like stepper drives etc).
    Looks to me that if using only 5v PD you need to put 5V+ to pins 3&4 then Pul- to 14 Dir- to 5. (leaving P2 empty).
    With 24v you just need 24v+ to pin 2 then Pul-to 14 Dir- to 5. (leaving P3&4 empty).
    Check all this out first.
    Now either way it's done means the PV is powered but.....
    This PV thing is bugging me. 'Instruction pulse input port'. (maybe Pn096 as below).

Pn002 Main control mode. 1 = speed,
    2 = Pulse Direction
    Pn096
    Command pulse input mode. 0 = Pulse & Direction control
    Pn097 Motor default direction. 0 = CCW, 1 = CW. (Handy if axis direction needs reversing)

Apart from the above, nothing else sticks out.

Downloads
    Uploads

funny enough - Pn006 doesn't seem to be active - poking a 3 in there "should" stop the drive without the CWL and CCWL active - but the drive still operates ...so it is a lower level than that setting that is in play.
    I've played with driving the as open and differential - no difference - that fact it operates CW and not CCW means the signals are making it to the driver.

Pn002 = no effect if any value
    pn0096 = no effect with any value
    Pn0097 = no effect - and doesn't reverse the rotation ...

I've set the driver back to the factory setting - gone through most settings that look logical - but end up with the same place. it almost feels like a test mode or demo mode is enabled

I have not tried the analog inputs - will do that to see if it does the same thing, not that it helps to use it that way - good call out thankyou

the motor in "Jog mode" will rotate both ways from the front panel buttons - I was coming to the conclusion that the drive could only go one way until I ticked that box.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, folks - As expected, this issue is a failed IQ test - plus a typo in the manual - in the manual, PN0096 should be 0 for CP/Dir - but the value needs to be a 1 for this setting - go figure 300 odd setting and there is one typo, our friend Murphy must have a hand in it. all three versions of the manual that I downloaded have the same typo - so where ever they copied it from was incorrect (or the firmware on the 6 units here has an error )

The second part is a trap for young players (or, in my case self imaged young player until viewed in a mirror)

If pn00000 = 2, this setting only loads in the changes to settings after you power the unit down and back up - so it looks like none of the settings has an effect, but they get saved. If set to 1, which seems to let you change the setting - it only does it while you are in that setting - if you move to another without forcing a save, it drops the setting, just pushing the set does not keep it - you need to change modes to Fn0004 and do the 3 step process to save.

after banging my head on the desk a few times - and watching the odd YouTube video or 1000 I came across a guy taking in Chinese - didn't understand a word he said, by the settings he was changing it look like he was playing with the Modbus address and comms speed, but I noted the behaviour of turning the unit off and on each time he changed a setting... a kind of oh moment.

So for anyone with odd issues with these AASDV / AxSDV type drivers - try cycling the power each time to change a setting.

Also to note if your getting a motor driver set of Aliexpress - don't have high hope of any support as most of the sellers once the sale is complete and the order is flagged complete will not respond to any message

Downloads
    Uploads

only loads in the changes to settings after you power the unit down and back up
    They're all pretty much like that. My documentation for my Lichuan A4 drive is fairly poor. Most of the info I followed in the end was taken from a DMM!.

Glad youi're getting somewhere.