Controlling 8 axis step/dir

Thread: Controlling 8 axis step/dir

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Controlling 8 axis step/dir

Hi,

I have an application which requires precise speed and position control of 8 identical servo motors and drives, to get the 35rpm I require I have bee advised I need to just connect the step signal to a1.05khz frequency from a signal generator.

I know the exact frequency depends on the encoder resolution but I'm not worried about that, what I need to do is control all 8 motors together from one speed dial in a range 0.5 - 2khz to get my desired range.

So my question is what's the easiest way? Can I use something like this Reversible Stepper Motor Speed Regulator * Pulse Signal Controller * stepping | eBay

And connect to an opto isolator to buffer the current and just connect all 8 step signals together?

Any ideas would be appreciated

Matt