Grease lines bursting everywhere!

Thread: Grease lines bursting everywhere!

Lightbulb Grease lines bursting everywhere!

We have a Rover 35 EPS with the pneumatic auto-locating rails. This machine is beastly which in turn means there are a MILLION grease lines feeding through from under the rear 30 tool carousel. This group of lines are inside a heat shrink wrapping and lead up the casted frame, into the cases on the back of the head, back around across the top then fed over through the interlocking plastic belt surrounded by both electrical and pneumatic lines. An old operator had used the wrong EP0 substitute and the grease has hardened in certain places. Most of the grease nipples/ports are actually manufactured into the ball screws and other units making them incredibly hard to service by hand.

I am trying to trace the tracks to feed new grease lines through but considering the area to cover and the amount of downtime to occur, are there any connectors that can be used to reattach the 4mm hoses in the spots where the hoses have broken?
    I have been able to feed new grease through to flush out most all of the excess dark brown grease but the few locations that have broken are going to cause a massive issue if I do not get this thing properly greased. I tried to use a larger ID hose to attach the two severed ends together and allow grease to feed through but this is not a quality fix and tends to come off a few days after the repair.

I have searched everywhere trying to find a double ended quick connect type connector to fix this problem but no luck. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Grease lines bursting everywhere!

What about a McMaster Carr 51615K101?

Not sure how much pressure the grease lines have?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFBiesse View Post
    We have a Rover 35 EPS with the pneumatic auto-locating rails. This machine is beastly which in turn means there are a MILLION grease lines feeding through from under the rear 30 tool carousel. This group of lines are inside a heat shrink wrapping and lead up the casted frame, into the cases on the back of the head, back around across the top then fed over through the interlocking plastic belt surrounded by both electrical and pneumatic lines. An old operator had used the wrong EP0 substitute and the grease has hardened in certain places. Most of the grease nipples/ports are actually manufactured into the ball screws and other units making them incredibly hard to service by hand.

I am trying to trace the tracks to feed new grease lines through but considering the area to cover and the amount of downtime to occur, are there any connectors that can be used to reattach the 4mm hoses in the spots where the hoses have broken?
    I have been able to feed new grease through to flush out most all of the excess dark brown grease but the few locations that have broken are going to cause a massive issue if I do not get this thing properly greased. I tried to use a larger ID hose to attach the two severed ends together and allow grease to feed through but this is not a quality fix and tends to come off a few days after the repair.

I have searched everywhere trying to find a double ended quick connect type connector to fix this problem but no luck. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.
    You can use 5/32 brass compression fittings anything you need to get the job done, they work with 4mm tubing, sometimes a local hardware store will have them also

Or even push to connect fittings also will work ( Pushlock ) these also come in many different styles the main thing is they don't have to be 4mm fittings for that tubing

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grease lines bursting everywhere!-straight-brass-connector-png   Grease lines bursting everywhere!-pushlock-png  
    Mactec54

Thanks, I will try these out!

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking at these unions but I am a little worried that they will not hold against the pressure of the grease line. The lines tend to slip a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFBiesse View Post
    Thanks, I will try these out!

- - - Updated - - -

I have been looking at these unions but I am a little worried that they will not hold against the pressure of the grease line. The lines tend to slip a lot.
    Even the plastic PushLock connector will hold up to 230PSI if you have more than that you have a problem or a blockage

Mactec54

Thanks to all of you for your replies. They were extremely helpful in finding what we needed. I ordered IMI Norgren 100200400 Pneufit 10 packs and they've worked perfectly. I am adding a picture for anyone who might be trying to figure this out in the future.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grease lines bursting everywhere!-20210309_081956-jpg