2010 Screen set manually setting Z0 after first zero probe

Thread: 2010 Screen set manually setting Z0 after first zero probe

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2010 Screen set manually setting Z0 after first zero probe

I just tried this and it doesn't behave the way I need it to for my setup.

I have my A axis mounted. My Z0 is the center of the axis and therefore, I cannot probe it accurately with stock mounted.
    Instead, I use a probe routine that someone in another thread helped with a couple years ago to find the center of the rod I mount and set that as 0. Works beautifully.

I was hoping that I could manually enter the original Z0 location into the g54 offset after using the tool change set up probing macro for the automated offset during tool change.
    I mounted the stock, probed the plate on the surface and then it moved to the tool changing probe area and successfully probed. I then changed the g54 z offset to the original and accurate Z0 for my A axis.
    After that I pressed the m6 button to test if it worked. It moved to the tool change position, pressed cycle start to move it to the tool change probing area and successfully probed. However, it returns the wrong Z0 and instead inputs the 0 calculated from the tool change setup macro +or- the new till length instead of the manually entered 0.

Gerry, is there a way that I can manually set what I know the real Z0 position to be so that tool changes can function correctly? I have several changes in this gcode and it would be so much more comforting knowing I do not have to do the math manually. Your routines have made all my 3 axis jobs so easy to deal with.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk