Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!

Nice and grey.

Last edited by A_Camera; 09-25-2016 at 07:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you sir.
    have you try it?

Downloads
    Uploads

Good effort. Depends on what you're trying to achieve, I guess. This logically lays out a lot of information all on one page which is great in some applications. Personally I prefer a screen that has key information for the current task up big, bold and very easy to find. High density information like this means you have to scan the screen to hunt down what you're looking for, which is often fine but in some circumstances can take too long.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by d-diycnc View Post
    thank you sir.
    have you try it?
    No I don't need it and to be honest, I think it is not really my taste. Too much information on one single screen is not so easy to handle in real use.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    No I don't need it and to be honest, I think it is not really my taste. Too much information on one single screen is not so easy to handle in real use.
    thanks for you comment and suggestion.

i changed some lay out to make it easier to handle and see.

Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-toolpath-jpg

https://www.facebook.com/notes/d-diy...51044531816926

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    Good effort. Depends on what you're trying to achieve, I guess. This logically lays out a lot of information all on one page which is great in some applications. Personally I prefer a screen that has key information for the current task up big, bold and very easy to find. High density information like this means you have to scan the screen to hunt down what you're looking for, which is often fine but in some circumstances can take too long.
    dharmic, thanks for you comment and suggestion.

Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-expresmod-jpg
    Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-mdi-jpg
    Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-run-jpg

you can download it here

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for all the comments, here i makes some major change in the layout...
    Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-run-jpg
    Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-mdi-jpg
    Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-expresmod-jpg
    Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-settings-jpg
    Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-shuttle-jpg

download it here

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice Screenset!!...and if it suits your needs even better. Mach4 and UCCNC made modifying there screen really simple and when it comes to Mach3 2010 screenset nailed it IMO. Have Fun!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Nice Screenset!!...and if it suits your needs even better. Mach4 and UCCNC made modifying there screen really simple and when it comes to Mach3 2010 screenset nailed it IMO. Have Fun!
    Thank you.

You can download for "chocolate" version here

Cleanest "windows look" mach3 mill screen flash...NEED FOR TEST !!-chocolate-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Heaps better this time around.

I'd still lose that wall of data in the diagnostic screen and shuffle it off to a page of its own rather than repeat it everywhere. When I'm running a program I don't care about the diagnostic info. I'd much rather have a bigger DRO and toolpath preview.

I'd also try a stronger visual style for grouping data. The flat panels look is very modern and sleek but it utterly fails at visual identification of clusters of data and control. For example, you can't tell just at a glance where the Execute controls stop and the Tool Info stuff starts. A border (old fashioned) or frame of whitespace (modern) between them would help enormously.

Third tip: looking at that I can't easily tell the difference between information and what's referred to as a "call to action", ie a control which the user does something with. By styling the buttons and other controls so they are obviously different to information fields, it makes it easier to locate information AND to track hand-eye to controls by reducing the number of possible targets for each type of interaction (read vs do).

A few tips, hopefully they're of some use to you.

Otherwise it's a pretty clean looking screen. Well done.

Downloads
    Uploads

As Flash has been turned off permanently by all major browsers for real security reasons, I would have to question the idea of using it for a new application.
    I agree about the 'too much on one window' comment too.
    Sorry
    Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

While this is a tremendous effort, it's probably too late in Mach3's life to see much use.
    I gave up on Flash screens about 7 years ago, when I saw that they wouldn't run on my machine control PC, and Artsoft never provided any documentation on them.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for all comments and suggestions....
    About "too much in one page", well...,.i'll try to re-designed all the layout to the most simplest one, and will post it soon here.

Have fun !

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks great, will give it a try...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    While this is a tremendous effort, it's probably too late in Mach3's life to see much use.
    I gave up on Flash screens about 7 years ago, when I saw that they wouldn't run on my machine control PC, and Artsoft never provided any documentation on them.
    thanks for your comments, you are a legend !!...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by scalci View Post
    Looks great, will give it a try...
    Here's the link:
    Screenset 1
    Screenset 2
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    As Flash has been turned off permanently by all major browsers for real security reasons, I would have to question the idea of using it for a new application.
    I agree about the 'too much on one window' comment too.
    Sorry
    Cheers
    Roger
    Short answer:
    Becouse in this application (mach3) we don't "browse" it with browser...we just "play" it with flash player (in mach3 Plugins).

Downloads
    Uploads

I see.
    But it remains that Flash is a huge security hole which many of us have turned off totally.
    JPG is enough; we do not NEED Flash any more.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by d-diycnc View Post
    thanks for you comment and suggestion.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/d-diy...51044531816926
    OK, but please don't make any changes based on what I am saying because regardless how you make it, it is not for me. For a useful HMI you need to REDUCE the information dramatically. With the overloaded screen it is difficult to select relevant information and filter out the "spam", like CPU speed, load and so on... If you think it is important then fine, but I think most people dont care about that when they are using a CNC or any other machine. They just want to control (or monitor) the machine, and not necessarily everything from one screen. Your screen is simply information overflow. Some people like that sort of thing, I don't. I also prefer other color scheme, it is very difficult to read white text on gray and black background, but again, if you like that combination, it is fine. I prefer black text on light background (even light gray background is good), or text in a few other color for special purpose, but still on light background. Dark gray and black background is very good for picture framing but not very good for text.

Again, please don't change anything based on my comments unless YOU think it would improve the screen set, because I will not use it regardless how you do it, so no point doing it for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast