Health & Bloody Safety !!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health & Bloody Safety !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Health & Bloody Safety !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.N.CNC View Post
    Actual estop or feedhold? Loosing position every time those things are activated doesn't sound fun.
    On ours, you could say both. I guess it's technically an E Stop, but on our machine, you can resume from an Estop.

Estop on our machine is almost the same as feedhold, but the main power turns off. To resume, you just press the power button, and the resume button.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

A pause or feed hold would be a good idea that`ll be worth looking into. I wonder if multicam can retrofit that sort of system? It`ll would still be troublesome as some times it`s necessary to clear swarf whilst running.

Downloads
    Uploads

Clearing swarf is best done with an air blast.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed but if you can`t get close enough because of pressure plates or optical beams then the only other way would be to have an air nozzle on the spindle and if the work holding is tenuous that can cause problems. I fear this will be an ongoing issue / I know that through spindle cooling exists so possibly A through spindle air blast would work too ?

Cheers
    Syd

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All
    Well I have finally had an optical cut out / feed pause safety system fitted to our Multicam routers. And actually they`re not to shabby . Cripes did I say that !! So far so good they haven`t got in the way of production although they were expensive I have seen the light. They are all now idiot ( Health & safety inspector ) proof ! Now I can have small children , the elderly and the infirm all milling around aimlessly in total safety without any fear of any of the above inadvertently routing themselves . Like I said they weren't cheap ( £9500 for three systems fitted )so it`ll be a few months before i`ve recovered the cost but it is now done and they work a treat. I wonder what the Health & Safety will find now that they don`t like the look of ?? Bless `em ! Probably un guarded brooms or the wrong type of loo roll on the toilet. Time will tell I guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12