UL certificate required for CNC machines HELP !!!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UL certificate required for CNC machines HELP !!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UL certificate required for CNC machines HELP !!!!

Large truck, large forklift.
    Remove all machines and sell them to 3rd party.
    Have empty workshop inspected and approved.
    Buy machines from 3rd party and install - using GOOD electrician who can check breakers and earthing etc.
    Operate workshop.

Said only slightly in jest.

Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

i was thinking on take the inspection and see what they say if i have to spend more than $16000 , just certificate the one i has no to spend a lot on modifications, and remove the others from the shop for the inspection and get them back after that.

i do not what to do , because i will have to spend money i don't have

Downloads
    Uploads

i ran into the same problem!! i have cnc panel saw, cnc router, and cnc boring machines from China which only come with CE, i also bought a Holzer edge bander is a germany made machine dont come with UL Certificate. Fire marshal requires to get all UL mark on these machines!!! i just don't understand if US custom let these machines come in without UL label, why they can be sold here in the states??? as a end consumer, why do i spend $12,000 and up for each machine to get tested?? what happened to you at the end??? i don't know what to do please help!

Last edited by Jasonchen168; 04-07-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonchen168 View Post
    i ran into the same problem!! i have cnc panel saw, cnc router, and cnc boring machines from China which only come with CE, i also bought a Holzer edge bander is a germany made machine dont come with UL Certificate. Fire marshal requires to get all UL mark on these machines!!! i just don't understand if US custom let these machines come in without UL label, why they can be sold here in the states??? as a end consumer, why do i spend $12,000 and up for each machine to get tested?? what happened to you at the end??? i don't know what to do please help!

Find a shop that will certify as ETL, they guarantee it will be accepted by all authorities and is much cheaper than a full UL cert.

A local electrical panel building shop can also help you with the UL, They may be able to put a UL504 label on it much cheaper than a full UL. Overall it shouldn't cost anywhere near $12K to get this done.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonchen168 View Post
    Jim Dawson is wright try to use ETL they also handle the CE certification so they know exactly what should be change to comply with UL and they are a lot cheaper
    you may try a local electrical panel builder like Jim says .
    i try different approach that a local company did years ago but the city wont accepted that way any more , they want to see the sticker on the machine , and don't try to get the sticker and glued yourself if the city already got you because they require me the certification papers for the compliance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123