Troubles finding the right motor for the drive

Thread: Troubles finding the right motor for the drive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Troubles finding the right motor for the drive

Hi,

I am very new to servomotors and I am hoping to find some answers concerning the best price/quality motors that can be bought for one of the drives hereunder. These would activate a router (2000mm * 1200mm)

R2010
    R2020
    R3030

If you take the R2010 this is rated at 100VDC/20A => my problem is now how to see if a motor fits to the drive. I mean using the drive to it's full extend without going the full 100%.
    What kind of motors are best used with these drives?

For the power supply I get totally confused.

Br,

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Typically you want the drive to match the peak amps of the servo motor, like a nema 42 motor that is about 10 amps continious, 40 amps peak, you want a 40 amp drive. If you use a 20 amp drive, sure it will make the motor take off fast, but when the servo motor slams on the brakes, (stops) the drive has to be able to take the amperage the servo motor shoots back at it for stopping. Thats when a too small of drive will blow! Your best bet is to get the motor specks, and give those to to the drive manufacture you are concedering buying from, and let them tell you what drive to buy. Also, if the drive is way to big for the motor, you will run into other problems like tuning the drive.
    Maybe, before you buy anything, contact a drive or motor manufacture, and tell them your application, and the speed you want, and let them suggest what would work best. I know Servo Dynamics in California would do that, their stuff is good, but expensive, and they would hook you up with the drives and motors and cables. I think most any manufacture would help you.
    Good Luck,
    Buck
    Spring Lake cnc llc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One more thing, you mentioned the 100 volt, 20 amp drive. Probably a 90 volt, nema 34 motor, would work, and if you don't want to build a power supply, try Keling, and get a 80-90 volt power supply, with about a 750 volt amp transformer in it. (all for dc brush type motors)
    Good Luck,
    Buck