rutex and mach3

Thread: rutex and mach3

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default rutex and mach3

Im very new at servos , i have only messed with steppers in mach3 so here is my question i have the motors setting right in mach 3 , so now im over at the ecoder part im looking through the rutex manuals and i really dont see the ports and the pins for like encoder 1 or 2 channel A and B im sure this is a very easy question I sure would appreciate a shove in the right direction big time
    Thanks John

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

The encoders don't go to Mach3, they go to the rutex. Mach3 has nothing to do with the encoders.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the shove ! this is the first time messing with servos
    so i just set up mach like i am with steppers? just wondering because i saw a encoder tab in mach3 i geuss thats were i was getting confused

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, just like steppers. The encoder inputs allow you to use an additional encoder and display it's position in Mach3. But that has nothing to do with your servos.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Jumping in here...

My understanding with the Rutex and Gecko servo drives is that they can fault... meaning that you can program the drives to stop turning if they can't reach their desired location.

But you can't have the computer realize it and make up for it, correct?

-Jeff

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

You set a maximum error count in the drive with a parameter. If during operation this number is exceeded the drive faults and signals the CNC software to halt. If the number is not exceeded the drive will do everything it can to reach the commanded position.

You must setup the fault input to the CNC. This is the same logic used in comercial CNC systems.

Darek

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies im still having issues i cant seem get mach to move the motors. The motors move with the tuning softare. Just to make myself feel better i took the computer down stairs and hooked it up to my cnc table and it was getting signals so thats good( i know its not mach) so i just lugged everything back up stairs on the kitchen table for mill my retrofit i have all the ports set right . I kinda think there is something in the tuning software i have to do . i have the e stop jumped and the spi jumped on the rutex break out board like you are supposed to do in the tuning process any sugestions would be greatly appreciated (she wants all this stuff off the kitchen table hahah)<<<

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

The jumper should be one way for tuning (SPI) and the other way for operation ( Step and direction mode. ).

Darek

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey HILLBILLY im sitting looking at the manual i have pin 14 and 15 jumped what are the jumpers for step and direction( i thought you just left it open) i think this might be my problem
    is it 1 and 15

John

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not sure which drive you have. I am looking at some old documentation on the R990h. I sure like this setup. Pin #1 is used to toggle between SPI and step and direction mode. This way you can run or tune with the same hook up. It only cost you one output.

Darek

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rutex and mach3-rutexint-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gentlemen,

The documentation says on the R2000 series you put 2 jumpers in to tune, and you may have to remove the jumpers for mach3.

Tuning jumpers: 7 to 8

14 to 15

Tom