What to buy from rutex to get going........

Thread: What to buy from rutex to get going........

Downloads
    Uploads

Default What to buy from rutex to get going........

Hello. I am at the stage in my cutting table where I think I can now start buying some software and hardware.

I am only new at this sort of stuff could you please tell me what I would need to buy from you to get my table up and running.

I plan on using the table for oxy first then once it is all up and running properly I will go and buy myself a nice 3phase plasma cutter. But for now only just oxy use.

The plasma A/B card that you sell, can that be use for an oxy as well, then later used for a plasma?

I see that there is pressure on you guys to get the new 2000 series card made. With the old driver cards I understand that when cutting corners they are not smooth corner cuts but stepped. Will the new cards fix this problem? Or is it not an issue for me as I am only using it for a oxy/plasma table?

Could you please list what I would need to buy from you for my machine to go.

Do you sell power supplies and servo motors? If not could you list a few quality suppliers that you know of please. This will make life a bit easer for me as a lot of stuff on the internet is for USA.

Hope you understood all that....lol

Also could you list a total price for me as well. And what about THC for oxy? You can't make/get them any more?

Cheers Peter

I await your reply.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default New plasma user questions

See comments within text:

Hello. I am at the stage in my cutting table where I think I can now start buying some software and hardware.

I am only new at this sort of stuff could you please tell me what I would need to buy from you to get my table up and running.

I plan on using the table for oxy first then once it is all up and running properly I will go and buy myself a nice 3phase plasma cutter. But for now only just oxy use.

Peter,

You've asked a lot of questions. After I answer some of them, I encourage you to go to the Rutex.com web site and look more closely at the areas I direct you to.

The R510A/B board is really designed to work with the plasma cutters. It also only runs with step-ex software. Mach2/3 will not run it. If pcut meets your needs, you can choose to use it to do your cutting. The 510 can be used to run an oxy system but its torch height system will only work with plasma. The Oxy torch height control (R982) works independently of everything else. So, if you make a machine which you plan to alternate back and forth on, I encourage you to make a replacable Z axis, one for plasma and one for oxy. There are really no complicating issues related to cutting with oxy, but there are with plasma.

The plasma A/B card that you sell, can that be use for an oxy as well, then later used for a plasma?

I see that there is pressure on you guys to get the new 2000 series card made. With the old driver cards I understand that when cutting corners they are not smooth corner cuts but stepped. Will the new cards fix this problem? Or is it not an issue for me as I am only using it for a oxy/plasma table?

Peter, I believe the issue with rounding corners has nothing to do with the rutex drives. It is related to the mach2/3 software. All servos have a very slight lag, but I don't believe this is the issue either. Mach2, like most other programs sometimes have minute delays between moves, or at least some change in velocity. When the control software tries to blend the moves in continuous contouring, it tends to smooth out the transistion between moves. In order to change directions, velocity changes sometimes require the move to have ramping up or down. This is particularly important in controls designed to control stepper motors. If you change velocity with a stepper motor too quickly, it will lose steps and thus position. The inherent (but slight) delay can also "integrate" these moves.

I expect that Art (author of Mach2) will impliment the spi functions which will allow buffering of the moves. This may help with this problem, but we will have to see when we get them.

Could you please list what I would need to buy from you for my machine to go.

It is your choice on how you want to proceed. If Pcut will serve your needs, you may want to get a 510 board, and use servo motors that draw less than 6 amps. The 510 board is presently being updated to allow motors of any size (any of the 2000 servo drives will plug into it.). It will be an intelligent mother board (having special features for plasma cutting and torch height control) and also serve as a mother board for control of the motors. This will allow large gantries to be built.

Otherwise, the R990H, R90H and the new 2010 drives will work to allow a normal configuration that can be driven by mach2. The oxy torch height control can be used, and the Bob campbell plasma torch height control system which is designed and integrated into mach2 can alternatively be used. We are presently out of stock on the oxy torch height, but I am considering helping Vladimir get some in stock soon. I think Rutex has one of the few reasonably priced oxy torch height controls available. Hopefully by the time you are ready for it, we will have them in stock here in the USA. I sent my last R982 kit to the Netherlands yesterday.

Rutex does not provide power supplies. They are easy to build, and others on this forum can help you with this. If you need more assistance in building a power supply, give me a phone call at 573 341 1528.

I don't mind talking over the phone about these things. I am normally in the office, although I do take short trips to town from time to time. I get motors from Servo Dynamics, MCG, (small ones from Pittman) and Mag motor may have motors suitable for you. I won't give you a price until you narrow down your choices.

Hopefully guys on this forum will also advise. I must run an errand right now.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC.

Do you sell power supplies and servo motors? If not could you list a few quality suppliers that you know of please. This will make life a bit easer for me as a lot of stuff on the internet is for USA.

Hope you understood all that....lol

Also could you list a total price for me as well. And what about THC for oxy? You can't make/get them any more?

Cheers Peter

I await your reply.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! 1st, I liked to inform, I can see on www.rutex.com only one page about new R2000 drives... Some active scripting used? Or what is the reason?

Actually, I am planning to convert my 1000W spindle Sieg Super X3 to CNC... It seems good idea to use servo motors... Some people here have suggested servos in 700..1000 oz.in. range... Could you please suggest suitable servos/decoders/drivers for it, and list also what kind of software is supported?

PS. I liked to have later also 4rd axis for rotary table. If it makes difference.

Regards,
    Indrek

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Motor and drive matching document

Gentlemen,
    I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding the scripting on the web site. Although the documentation is not complete yet, it is coming along. I have a rough draft of the first part of the Setup and Tune document for the 2000 series that is not posted on the web yet. I can forward it to any user in its draft form for his own use.

I want to encourage you to download the Motor & Drive matching document which is now posted on the Rutex.com web site under products, and under R2000 Step and Direction products. It will be very helpful to you in building your machines.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rutexus
    Gentlemen,
    I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding the scripting on the web site.
    As i am seeing only ONE SINGLE page (no hyperlinks, not menu system), then there can be 2 possibilities:

1. your web site just has 1 web page. But in this case it seems, lot of information is not available any more, as some old threads from this forum are referring to some documents (been available?) on your web.

2. possibility is, that meny system uses ActiveX or Java scripting. For security reasons a lot of privat persons, and even more, corporations, have disabled support for such kind of active scripting in their browsers. In such case, there is possible, that some users dont have possibility to access all information available on your web page and I liked to suggest to rewrite such menu systems to support described kind of users too ;-) In meantime, of course they can seek for some kind of alternative computing enviroment to access such a web site...

It would nice to know, is it 1st or 2nd case ;-)

Regards,
    Indrek

Downloads
    Uploads

Peter, I believe the issue with rounding corners has nothing to do with the rutex drives. It is related to the mach2/3 software. All servos have a very slight lag, but I don't believe this is the issue either. Mach2, like most other programs sometimes have minute delays between moves, or at least some change in velocity. When the control software tries to blend the moves in continuous contouring, it tends to smooth out the transistion between moves. In order to change directions, velocity changes sometimes require the move to have ramping up or down. This is particularly important in controls designed to control stepper motors. If you change velocity with a stepper motor too quickly, it will lose steps and thus position. The inherent (but slight) delay can also "integrate" these moves.

I expect that Art (author of Mach2) will impliment the spi functions which will allow buffering of the moves. This may help with this problem, but we will have to see when we get them.

Mach2/3 doesn't pause, or have a delay between moves. Say for example you're making a 90° corner. Only one axis is moving. When you get to the corner, that axis has to decelerate. The other one can't start to accelerate until the other one is at 0 velocity. This may appear to be a pause. This can be undesoreable for many reasons. For plasma, it can cause a hole. Routers can leave burn marks. Perhaps the biggest problem is that it can take a long time running complex 3d programs. Mach3 has what's called constant velocity mode. What it does, in the previous example, is start to accelerate the second axis as the first one begins to decelerate. This causes a rounded corner. The faster your acceleration, the less rounding will occur. Unfortunately, motors can't start and stop instantly, so some rounding will occur. Mach3 does have an angle setting, so sharp corners will not be rounded and larger angles will be. There is also a plasma mode which helps to minimize the rounding for plasma users.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gentlemen,
    - I have a rough draft of the first part of the Setup and Tune document...
    - download the Motor & Drive matching document which is now posted..
    Could you please send me both documents with privat e-mail (I just sent my email address to you using forum's Private Mail functionality).

Thanks,
    Indrek

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Indrek,

I don't know whether it is our local server or not, but internet is slow lately, and this forum is slower than slow on my local phone line. There is no high speed internet available yet where I live, so I try not to do much correspondence on CNCZone. I'm sure it is fine for those who have fast internet service.

Please email me at rutexus@rollanet.org and I will attach the documents and send them to you.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Tom,

I'm very interested in Rutex drives (2030...I think....I hope), but I'm a beginner and need some advice. Please be so kind to tell me if these motors fit 2030 drives:
    http://www.icpe.ro/dept03/Eservo.html
    (3 phase SYNCHRONOUS PERMANENT MAGNET, custom voltage)
    Unfortunatelly the standard feedback system is a resolver.
    Could you also supply TTL diff. incr. encoders with the drives ? I hope it's easy to attach them to these motors (they are cheap and made in Romania, I would be glad to use them).
    Target ----- xyz perfect engraver :O)

Thanks,
    Fidel Chirtes
    Cluj-Napoca, ROMANIA
    engineer, bridge player, CNC beginner

Drop a link if you want to look smart....explain if you want to help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fidel,

I have emailed the manufacturer icpe to get a little more info. I believe you can use some of their motors with the R2030 however. Check the ones that use less than 100 volts and target a continuous current of around 7-8 amps or less for a good match.

I would like to see a wiring diagram of the motors but they did not provide one. I believe I had a German customer who purchased some of these motors and configured them with an encoder/commutator that he purchased in italy. I believe it worked fine.

Are there other brushless motor manufacturers in Romania as well? If not, this is probably the ones he used.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Tom,

Thanks! I've never met such a fast feedback before.
    Performing a search across the country I din't find another servo manufacturer, but importers. You are right, they have at least one customer in Germany, because I know another one:
    http://www.ssddrives.com/usa/Product...less_ACMHX.php
    (they also make drives - expeeeensive!!!)
    I also find this encoder:
    http://pdb.turck.de/catalogue/catalo...e=start%21
    I can buy it in Romania for 210 Euro. If you know/have a better offer please tell.
    I'd appreciate if you could mail me when you have some more inormation from ICPE (servos). We had some phone talk before, but sometimes I'm not sure what to ask. As I know these motors are connected - RST+neutral.

Thanks again,
    Fidel Chirtes
    engineer, bridge player, still CNC beginner

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 06-29-2009 at 01:05 PM.
    Drop a link if you want to look smart....explain if you want to help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ICPE responded very quickly to my inquiry. Here is what they said:

Usually the customer send us the encoder with Hall sensor effect and we mount it on the motor. Then we test it with their drive.
    The type of encoder we receive is QD 145-05/05-5000-6-01-T6-01-00. It is a holow shaft encoder. More data in attach.
    If you want a different encoder send it to us and we'll make the mechanical modifications of the motor.
    We have resolvers on stock only.

END of quote.

I don't know how you want to work this. I could ship you a drive and you could ship it to them for their testing as mentioned above. I think Quantum Devices is an expensive source of encoders however. You might want to look around some more for a source of encoders with hall simulators built in.

I would say that is a good price for a motor. I think very slowly in metric, so I like to refer to their NEMA series. They spec them out in pounds etc.

Tom Eldredge
    Rutex LLC