post processor changing axis name

Thread: post processor changing axis name

Downloads
    Uploads

Default post processor changing axis name

Good morning everyone, I have a problem, I have a Daewoo Doosan 2100 with a Fanuc 0i-f and that has a rotative table on axis Z and then the z and x, I'm able to have a proper gcode in Madcam but not in Rhinocam, in Madcam there is the option to tell to postprocessor which is the axe 1, 2, 3 and was easy for me to invert Z and X plus put 2 as multiplier on X because the Fanuc need the Diameters. the only close result i had is to setupo a 4 axis machine then I cancelled the Y in the post processor, but in this way I obtain a gcode that is Z and C and some X but I need X and C and some Z. Is there a way to to tel to postprocessor to call Z as X and X as Z? I'm using a radial tool in my Doosan so basically it is parallel to X axe, while on all the preset machines on rhinocam the axe is parallel to Z. I think there are 2 options available... invert the Z and X axes on postprocessor or find a way to have a tool parallel to X and rotary table on Z. I hope someone can help me...

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: post processor changing axis name

Have you asked Mecsoft's tech support about this? That's what they're there for, and free tech support is included with RhinoCAM.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I asked at the online support some weeks ago, they told there was no way to have a gcode in X C Z and with the orientation as i wanted it,... in the end yesterday evening I manage to do it with a modified 4 axis machine but with a post processor with only X C and Z axes plus some tweacking to change X and Z output and diameters instead of rays, in the end it was not impossible.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's great. You should get back with the tech guy and explain how you did it - it might help the next person who has this problem.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

I already sent him the postprocessor file.