vcarve on non-flat surface

Thread: vcarve on non-flat surface

Downloads
    Uploads

Default vcarve on non-flat surface

is there any way to use vcarve method on non-flat surfaces with rhinocam?

here is an example of what i am trying to do(at 7:34):

at 7:34

and here is what rhinocam giving me, it's giving me the path as all curves on z=0

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vcarve on non-flat surface-screenshot-2021-03-28-121832-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: vcarve on non-flat surface

Its a few years since I worked with Rhinocam and I rate even the most basic package highly.Are you able to run a simulation in 3D and take a screenshot of the finished piece?I can't tell very much from the screenshot provided and having the item included would be very helpful.There is a risk that the calculation of a Vcarve toolpath on a curved surface might not be totally correct as the geometry of the surface is automatically more complex than a flat,horizontal surface.I would hope this would have been factored in if you have projected the outline of the cut down onto the surface.

Downloads
    Uploads

new screenshots added. 1st one is what i am talking about.

2nd one is to show that non-planar curves give right result for planar surfaces, or in other words, it gives same result with planar curves.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vcarve on non-flat surface-screenshot-2021-03-28-183717-jpg   vcarve on non-flat surface-screenshot-2021-03-28-184014-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

It appears that the outline had been projected down onto the curved surface correctly.Had you deleted or hidden the outline at the top level?

Downloads
    Uploads

there is no outline at top level, they all projected to surface already, but rhinocam act like they are at top level.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vcarve on non-flat surface-screenshot-2021-03-28-214331-jpg