rotation axis instead of Y axis

Thread: rotation axis instead of Y axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default rotation axis instead of Y axis

hi everyone,

i have a 3 axis machine and want to add a lathe/rotation axis, too but i can't add it as 4th axis because of the control card so i am thinking i can add it instead of Y axis.

so what i gonna do is unplug y axis connection from control card and plug new rotation axis cable.

so i need the gcode to have rotation axis values instead of Y axis ones, i assume i need to set it from "post-processor generator" window (when click edit for current PP) and under setup tab but couldn't make it work. any help on it?

thanks in advance.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: rotation axis instead of Y axis

If you do that, how are you going to keep your Y axis stable? Once it's no longer coupled to a motor that's locked in place, it will drift when affected by cutting forces.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

i will keep driver loaded, just gonna cut the signal from controller so it wont move.
    even if i leave it unloaded, i ma not sure if there is enough cutting force to move it.

Last edited by delid; 03-11-2021 at 03:29 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

So you've got 4 drivers, but only 3 communication channels? What kind of machine is this, and what CNC control software are you using? RhinoCAM won't have a problem generating code for X, Z, and A axes (assuming you've got the Expert level or higher) but this is something you're going to have to set up in the control software for it to work.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

it's 3 axis, have a chinese control card, link of card is here RZNC-0501,RICHNC,RichAuto-Beijing Richnc Technology Co.,LTD - RZNC-0501,RICHNC,RichAuto-Beijing Richnc Technology Co.,LTD
    some local guys buy parts, build them and sell, i bought it second hand. and it looks like this https://img.letgo.com/images/42/d0/9...c05075ea3.jpeg

i don't have a 4 drivers really, i will buy new driver and stepper and lathe parts, not sure about their english name. the boards itself has outputs labeled x, y, z and c. so i wired a driver and stepper (small ones like 3d printer parts) and send a gcode for 4 axis generated by rhinocam. and the new stepper i connected to c axis worked synchronized with y axis. i am assuming it's set like that to use double stepper/servo for y axis and high possible it can be fixed by firmware but i don't have the original setting for firmware and don't wanna mess with it. so thinking it's best way for me to send 4th axis gcode as y axis and make the trick by disconnecting the real y axis from controller.

i am not at expert level or close, most likely self-learner. i was cutting some basic stuff with cnc at school years and that's all. no professional works at all.