Problem Need advice on CAD/CAM for 5 axis machining center, MultiCAM 8000 series

Thread: Need advice on CAD/CAM for 5 axis machining center, MultiCAM 8000 series

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need advice on CAD/CAM for 5 axis machining center, MultiCAM 8000 series

Hi Guys

i am currently trying to machine a tube on my Multicam 8000 series CNC router. I am machining in 5 axis and trying to machine around a tube but have an issue where it seems the Y axis is elongating when machining around the tube. The RhinoCAM software seems to be producing the correct cutting lines and the code matches the post processed file which makes us believe the problem is not in the post processing.

We have programmed the machine to cut 180 degrees around a tube which its completing without any issue however as explained above and shown in the image below the Multicam machining is not following the programmed profile, it is machining the top surface of the tube correctly however as soon as it moves directly off the Z axis and into Y it seems to elongate. we have investigated online and found references to Y axis scaling and we’ve tried programming in different ways with the same issue occurring. Do you have an idea of what the issue may be? The pic attached below could help show the issue i am having. any advice is welcome. Thanks