looking for someone to do lathe work for zero cost for my experimental setup

Thread: looking for someone to do lathe work for zero cost for my experimental setup

Downloads
    Uploads

Default looking for someone to do lathe work for zero cost for my experimental setup

I am looking for someone that can do some free (i.e. no charge) machining on a lathe for an experiment that I plan to set up. I have 3" diameter stainless steel tubes (thin wall) less than 1 foot long and also 1/4" tubing and vacuum flange fittings from Swagelok that need machining and eventually welding (I also need to find people who can weld these together). I'm guessing the machining will be around 15 hours of work. I am setting up an interesting experiment and my hope is to build the core part of the experiment and use that to find investors. I have 30 years experience as a mechanical engineer and a good amount of experience designing things with tubing and fittings that require welding. I can pay for the materials. The timeframe is to do this about 4 months (or later) from now. If I can find 2 or 3 machinists that are interested then that will cover the situation where some of them are too busy at that time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: looking for someone to do lathe work for zero cost for my experimental setup

Why would someone do 15 hours work for free?

Are you offering shares / a return for the machinist if this experiment / product works out?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: looking for someone to do lathe work for zero cost for my experimental setup

I should have included details on my experiment, I'm hoping someone will find it interesting:

There are multiple groups that see small amounts of transmutation in metals from electric discharges. My plan is to reproduce some of these experiments. For example, in the Safire Project, they use high voltages at medium/low current and found new elements (namely calcium, barium and titanium) on their iron, nickel and tungsten anode after the electrical discharges. Those elements did not previously exist anywhere in their experimental set up and the presumption is that the calcium, barium and titanium were produced by transmutation from other metals inside the experiment:
    https://www.safireproject.com/scienc...ect-Report.pdf

Another group from India ran electrolysis experiments in water that showed elements on their electrode having isotopic ratios that did not match the naturally occurring isotopic ratios, see here:
    https://jcmns.scholasticahq.com/arti...ment-in-alloys

Both groups carefully attempt to rule out conventional explanations such as contamination from inside or outside their experiment.

My plan is to attempt to reproduce one of these experiments except using simpler components to make it cheaper. I have done other experiments in the past that looked for excess heat (i.e higher thermal output than electrical input) which did not succeed. For this next experiment I need to reduce my costs so that I can fully finish it and attempt iterations if it does not initially work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Transmutation of lead into gold.
    Chuckle.
    Could be a bit of a scam.

Cheers
    Roger

Your goal to find out this that or the other is not related to the machining work. Companies and individuals that can accomplish the machining do so to earn money to feed their families. Depending on the requirements you are asking somebody to donate anywhere from $750 to as much as $2000 or more. For that amount of money you could buy a used lathe and do it yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Find the investors first, then hire the machinists and welders. Or learn to do all that yourself.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]