Small brass pieces

Thread: Small brass pieces

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Small brass pieces

Looking for 400pcs of the "lower" arm in 360 brass and 100pcs of the "double" arm in 360 brass.

I would like to find somebody who could supply these on a somewhat regular basis as I constantly need different versions.

In attempt to not waste your time or mine, I need to be in the ballpark of $3ea on these parts.

I would like a tumbled finish or better.

I attached a picture to show the part. To save confusion, I only need the double part and lower part, not the single arm.

Please email me at erikdye@gmail.com. Checking PM's on here is painful as the site is really slow for me for some reason. I wont be replying to PMs.

Thank you!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small brass pieces-20180305_180010-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Small brass pieces

The material on the larger part is well over $2ea
    If you need a good reliable mill guy, I am looking for work. But, you have to put some realistic numbers out there.

bill@bandaprecision.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Erik I know I already quoted these for you but same as the guy above the material is much more than the aluminum ones I made.

Downloads
    Uploads

Erik,

I Would be Interested in run these again if your interested. I can get you close to your Ball Park Price. I Sent you a email

Matt@MicroShaped.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    The material on the larger part is well over $2ea
    If you need a good reliable mill guy, I am looking for work. But, you have to put some realistic numbers out there.

bill@bandaprecision.com
    Sorry, I didnt meant to imply that I am firm on that range. My intention was just to help others and myself save time. Every time I ask for a quote, it never fails that I get a handful that we do a bunch of back and forth on and then they end up being 20x higher than the average range.

Also, I dont know if this helps or not but I dont think the material should be "well over $2 per piece"? I looked at online metals (hopefully youre getting a better price then them) and even they can supply the material for approx $1.30 per pc (not shipped). Maybe that does not help or I am missing something? Thanks for the reply either way.

Quote Originally Posted by ianagos View Post
    Erik I know I already quoted these for you but same as the guy above the material is much more than the aluminum ones I made.
    Ian, I appreciate your work and being helpful. I will let you know if I can use the help. As of right now, I think I have the job filled. Thanks guys!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't know why anyone quote this dudes stuff anymore.. low low prices every time

.125 X 1.25 X 2.00= $2.22 from online metals not shipped and brass is heavy......

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by m98custom1212 View Post
    Don't know why anyone quote this dudes stuff anymore.. low low prices every time

.125 X 1.25 X 2.00= $2.22 from online metals not shipped and brass is heavy......
    Is that not why we are all here? To get quotes and give quotes?

I have posted a lot of times, I have had a lot of parts made. Should I just choose you or the highest bidder? That sounds stupid and does not make sense.

I have even worked with one person on here for over 8yrs now. Obvious somebody is getting the jobs, just not you so please dont be bitter and just move on. Sounds like youre just mad because you never got the job and are over priced? No need to quote, no need to respond.

I actually quoted the whole order out roughly from online metals. It came out close to $1.04 per piece SHIPPED. Not sure where you get $2.22?

Downloads
    Uploads

You are obviously not a machinist Eric. You are quoting the absolute minimum size material that part can be made from.
    And, that method is a royal pain in the ass. There is a much better, faster, and above all, higher quality way, to make those parts.
    And, the first step is starting with thicker stock. You get what you pay for.
    I came up with $2.27ea for the material for the larger part based on starting with a 2.5" long piece. Your print is missing enough dimensions to figure the actual length.
    I would refuse to make these from 1/8" flat stock.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by m98custom1212 View Post
    I had to look up who you are... Chief Machining.... Ok.

I found 3 quotes that you have given in the past. 2 out of the 3 are over double what I get as estimates for on those specific parts. I could not even survive if I paid those prices. Sorry, I have to meet prices to stay competitive in my market. If you cant understand that, I am not sure what to tell you?

I did find another quote from you in the past. Its a good quote and I would have actually take you up on it but I guess you just killed any chance of us working together by trying to drag my name thru the mud....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
    I could not even survive if I paid those prices. Sorry, I have to meet prices to stay competitive in my market. If you cant understand that, I am not sure what to tell you?
    That works both ways. What is your monthly overhead. Mine is over $30k
    I need work. But, I have never made any part where the machining cost less than the material. And, I never will.
    I get where you are coming from. Just, sayin', there are two sides to the coin.

Downloads
    Uploads

You are obviously not a machinist Eric. You are quoting the absolute minimum size material that part can be made from.
    And, that method is a royal pain in the ass. There is a much better, faster, and above all, higher quality way, to make those parts.
    And, the first step is starting with thicker stock. You get what you pay for.
    I came up with $2.27ea for the material for the larger part based on starting with a 2.5" long piece. Your print is missing enough dimensions to figure the actual length.
    I would refuse to make these from 1/8" flat stock.
    I dont think youre either not reading not understanding or maybe youre just focusing on the material cost or even the quote too much? Maybe your "ballpark" is much different than mine?

The price of the material makes no difference to me in this conversation. If my quotes come in at $5ea, $10ea, $20ea and $3, $4 or $5 is not possible, thats fine. It is what it is, I will either pay what the price is or kill the product. You guys are looking far too deep into the $3 ballpark. Please read AGAIN what I typed above explaining why I said that. I just dont want to waste your time or mine. Thats fair, right?

I explained what I was trying to say above, if its too hard to understand or I am not explaining myself well, sorry.

Downloads
    Uploads

That works both ways. What is your monthly overhead. Mine is over $30k
    I need work. But, I have never made any part where the machining cost less than the material. And, I never will.
    I get where you are coming from. Just, sayin', there are two sides to the coin.
    Yeah, I get the two sides. I have no problem with that. Ironically, I am not sure you see my side? I NEED the price to come in a certain range or I simply cannot have the part(s) made. Maybe you think I am being cheap? Maybe you think I am asking too much? Well, guess what? A lot of times I dont make these rules. I cant come out with a similar product for more money. Thats as simple as it gets. Its just business.
    I need prices to work for me, you need them to work for you, thats where this whole system works, you send a quote and we see if it can work for both of us.

What does not work is people trying to tell me I must be realistic or bend to make their pricing and what also does not work is me telling people that they must conform to my pricing. I think we all get that, or do we?

Bottom line, I dont get the *****ing and whining. If you dont want to quote, then dont. If you feel like you cant make the job work for you, dont quote. If you dont think you can come in with a low enough quote, save our time. If you want to quote (even if it is higher) and see if we can work together, thats great. I have taken many jobs off here that were on the super high end but they were the best quote. I am not trying to screw anybody, I am just trying to survive in my business, probably just like most of you are.

It obviously was not too hard for 2 people out of all of you to do a quote and I awarded the job to 1 of them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sent PM

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk