New Machine Build T-slots covers for mill table ?

Thread: T-slots covers for mill table ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default T-slots covers for mill table ?

Hello, can anybody suggest where to get plastic covers / protectors for the 12mm T-slots and also, if possible, X -ends cavities for mill table ?
    I have PM-727V ready for CNC conversion. T-slots are 12mm size. I've seen some conversions made for RF-45 clones including this mill and people use T-slot covers but where do they get those ?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: T-slots covers for mill table ?

Here ya go

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Slot-Cove...-/182594093631

Or you could just make some covers: Conveyor belting, rolled rubber products from you local hardware store, plywood, MDF, aluminum.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

You can also use a rubber hose and push it down into the slots. That seems to work well. You should be able to machine some aluminum or plastic covers for the end cavities pretty easy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank y'all for suggestions. Interesting idea from Halfstep... seems to be a "half step" leading to the next step: go to hardware store, get any flex plastic/vinyl tubing which OD fits tight into the 12mm slot and cut to size ...
    as for the end cavities cut flex plastic plate to roughly match the table end cavities and line up the perimeter edge with the same flex tubing used to cover the T-slot grooves but this tubing been cut along to become an "edger" ... and then push this plate into the cavities just enough to level with table top surface. If edge and the shape of the plastic plate cut just enough to fit tight - this cover will hold well during the milling operation. No CAD, no machining parts involved, simple and cheap. Still can be made to look neat.
    ... I need CNC mill soon for my main project ... unfortunately CNC conversion implies many bigger and more critical tasks to solve making it into one more project...
    but, fortunately, this happened to be lots of fun
    Thank you'll for ideas... this place is the right place to be when making a CNC machine
    Vlad

Downloads
    Uploads

eBirdman, I am currently building my first CNC milling machine. I am just about done with the electrical part of the conversion. I am waiting on a couple of parts to come in and I'll be able to finish my electronic enclosure. I have a Precision Matthews pm940 that I just recently bought and will start on the ballscrew mounts soon. I have seen on a CNC4XR7 video where he uses a rubber hose for the T-slot covers to seal them so the chips doesn't get in there. He uses a 3/8" air hose for the T-slots.
    Here is the video,
    I like the idea of using a rubber hose wrapped around cavity plates to seal them as well. It might require a smaller size tubing to make the sharp bends. Make sure to post some pics when you get it done.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeh Halfstep, now I know the size to match the T-slot - 3/8" air tube. Thank you. This video is informative but my idea with soft plastic plate cut to cover the cavities and thin tube around the perimeter to snug fit is simpler and also tighter than metal plug or 3D printed plug...