How to wire up a 24 volt break to my X Axis

Thread: How to wire up a 24 volt break to my X Axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to wire up a 24 volt break to my X Axis

Hi guys iam new to this fourm and bin reading all your posts on the Enco RF45 mill iam doing a conversation myself and am gonna have a lot of questions ive bin a machinist for over 30 years and am retired from GE power systems turbine division pluss i have a small machineshop at home so i am not a complete newbie. By the way i just wanted to let you guys know i am very inpressed on your project's. Right now iam in the parts gathering step and trying to figure out how i am going to do some of the wireing i just ordered a 24 volt break to fit ontop of the nema 34 motor for the Z axis the break is in the nutral state when 24 volts is applyed and engaged when the 24 volts is cut does anyone have any clever idears on how i should go about wireing this in. On another topic what precision grade are you guys using on your mills because the ballscrews and nut is the next up to order for now thats my delemas ill be posting pic. as i get going and iam sure ill have more questions in the future.
    Thanks in advance
    Tom

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to wire up a 24 volt break to my X Axis

I would use a relay that is energized with the motor enable signal. Could be a solid state or electromechanical relay. Exactly how it's wired in depends on how the rest of the system is configured.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How to wire up a 24 volt break to my X Axis

Second on the relay idea, also you may want to wire a reverse biased BEMF diode across both brake and relay coil.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.