Did I get ripped off with my 100W X700?

Thread: Did I get ripped off with my 100W X700?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Did I get ripped off with my 100W X700?

Hello All,

New to the forum and looking for your opinion on how the laser I purchased was marketed versus what I received.

I purchased a Redsail X700 on eBay that was listed with a "100W RECI laser tube." With that description, my assumption was that I would get a 100W agreement power laser. In reality, I was sent a W2 with 90W agreement and 102W peak. Is this how all manufacturers are marketing their products? with the peak power rating, but never actually saying "peak"? "W2" was also no mentioned anywhere in the listing.

Additionally, when I tested the machine at 100% power, it shows 21mA on the ammeter. While this is probably great for tube longevity, this means I'll never see anything near the peak (29mA), even if I wanted to, correct?

I asked many questions prior to purchasing the laser, but "will this 100W laser be able to be used at 100W" wasn't something I thought of. I'm happy with the overall quality of the rest of the machine. I just feel like I'm not getting what I paid for.

Wondering what your thoughts are and if you think this would warrant an eBay claim.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Did I get ripped off with my 100W X700?

In regard to the tube, that is shady but a common practice among ebay sellers to quote a peak power rating versus the true usable rating (use without quick shortening of the life of the tube). People were able to get ebay to go to bat for them when sellers were selling 60 watt tubes but they blatantly tested as 45-50w. Your seller is giving himself a way to try wiggle out of things with his double-speak. I don't know if you would be able win. Here is the official RECI page for your tube:
    http://www.recilaser.com/en/index.ph...&catid=7&id=66

It sounds like your power supply is underpowered for your tube. If you are only able to achieve 21 mA at full power, something is not right and you are not going to be able to access the full power of your tube.

Your RECI tube should have a bar code on it. You ought to scan it to see if they gave you a real RECI or a fake. Read this page fully:
    Anti-counterfeit Label - Beijing Laser Technology Co., Ltd.

- - - Updated - - -

In regard to the tube, that is shady but a common practice among ebay sellers to quote a peak power rating versus the true usable rating (use without quick shortening of the life of the tube). People were able to get ebay to go to bat for them when sellers were selling 60 watt tubes but they blatantly tested as 45-50w. Your seller is giving himself a way to try wiggle out of things with his double-speak. I don't know if you would be able win. Here is the official RECI page for your tube:
    http://www.recilaser.com/en/index.php?m=&c=Index&a=show&catid=7&id=66

It sounds like your power supply is under-powered for your tube. If you are only able to achieve 21 mA at full power, something is not right and you are not going to be able to access the full power of your tube.

Your RECI tube should have a bar code on it. You ought to scan it to see if they gave you a real RECI or a fake. Read this page fully:
    http://www.recilaser.com/en/index.php?m=&c=Index&a=show&catid=13&id=34

"80 Watt” 700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-750 Laser (Similar to the Red Sail)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Did I get ripped off with my 100W X700?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I kinda feel a little cheated--but live and learn, I guess. At the end of the day, I'm satisfied with the build quality of the machine and the tube does have an 18-month warranty, which I was pretty attracted too. So, I also don't want to burn any bridges for future support from the company. I did scan the RECI QR code and it came back as genuine.

I haven't looked close enough to see if there's an adjustment screw to increase the mA on the power supply, like I've read about others having.