Solving Out of square axis

Thread: Solving Out of square axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Solving Out of square axis

Hello everyone, my 900x600 bed seems to be out of Square to the gantry as cutting 2 circles and placing them on top of each other gives different shapes. Can anyone direct me to a detail method of re-aligning the gantry so that’s it’s square to the x axis

thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Solving Out of square axis

I think I would try cutting squares so it is easier to measure the exact amount of error. Measure the diagonals and you should be able to calculate how far to move to correct it.

I recently saw a large commercial duty machine and it had a mechanism to re-square the gantry. One end of the X axis has 2 hard stops that you bring the gantry towards when it is powered down. When both sides touch the hard stop, it is square or at least within a mil of being square. The stops had a screw to adjust the exact stop position, but that only needs to be set up once.

An alternative is to position sensors and use a routine that sneaks each side up to their sensor independently until both sides trip the sensor at the same time.

Steve