Need Help! m900 redsail 100 watt reci tube

Thread: m900 redsail 100 watt reci tube

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default m900 redsail 100 watt reci tube

i am looking into buying the redsail m900 100 watt reci tube. does anyone have this machine or any thoughts on redsail. i would like to speak with someone in the states who is using this machine. if anyone out there who would like to share experience please call 757-288-6256
    thanks
    mark

Similar Threads:

Default Re: m900 redsail 100 watt reci tube

I have a M900, with the standard 80w tube not the Reci. Decent machine, tho not the best software in the world. Import of the machine went quite well. Their support isn't all they claim it to be, but most issues I've been able to figure out myself without need of their assistance. The software updates can be downloaded off the net. I'm running LaserWork v6, tho v5 came with the machine, v6 works fine.

Hello dear friend,
    Have a nice day!

This is Anwaar from Redsail company and if you need our laser machine please contact me.
    Email:sales09@redsailcutters.com

Welcome

Downloads
    Uploads

IMO stay away from that company: I bought a M700 a year ago, and I have had nothing but problem with it. Right now, it's no longer working, and nobody is getting back to me from Redsail, to help me solve this issue...

Back a couple of months ago, tech support was so-so, now it's literally nonexistent.

I consider my 3500$ investment, a total waste ....

Hello Mark.
    This is Anwaar from Redsail and glad to sepak with you about M900 laser machine.
    May i know your email?Then i will send details to you.

Thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DasWookie View Post
    I have a M900, with the standard 80w tube not the Reci. Decent machine, tho not the best software in the world. Import of the machine went quite well. Their support isn't all they claim it to be, but most issues I've been able to figure out myself without need of their assistance. The software updates can be downloaded off the net. I'm running LaserWork v6, tho v5 came with the machine, v6 works fine.
    So Laser work is Working with M900?

Have you tried other software? If yes which one is best?

Thanks
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Klausm2 View Post
    So Laser work is Working with M900?

Have you tried other software? If yes which one is best?

Thanks
    Klaus
    Yes, RDCam/LaserWork v6 works, but it's the controller you are using in your machine that matters. The default controller that comes in the M900 will indeed. I've since upgraded to the controller with the color display, which allows adjustment of individual layers settings on the machine itself, rather than having to go back to the PC, change the settings, and resend the job, as well as has an Ethernet connection so I'm no longer tied to the machine with the short USB cable.

As far as I know, the controller only works with their software. I'm sure you could probably hack up something once you figured out the protocol, but it works well enough that I've not had any real desire or intention to try to get something else to work. Most software is either going to work via USB and send the file to the laser, or it's going to work with a different pseudo-printer driver, like the Epilog. The major key is, where are you doing the design of your file which is what makes the major differences. I use Adobe Illistrator. Lots of folks prefer Corel, but I've always been an Adobe guy so haven't really tried to figure out how to do the same stuff in Corel. Either works tho. You're just outputting into a file format that the controller software can read (all the same, but primarily DXF or AI for vector graphics, or JPG/GIF/PNG for raster), selecting that layer and setting a speed and power level, and hit GO.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: m900 redsail 100 watt reci tube

Yes, RDCam/LaserWork v6 works, but it's the controller you are using in your machine that matters. The default controller that comes in the M900 will indeed. I've since upgraded to the controller with the color display, which allows adjustment of individual layers settings on the machine itself, rather than having to go back to the PC, change the settings, and resend the job, as well as has an Ethernet connection so I'm no longer tied to the machine with the short USB cable.

As far as I know, the controller only works with their software. I'm sure you could probably hack up something once you figured out the protocol, but it works well enough that I've not had any real desire or intention to try to get something else to work. Most software is either going to work via USB and send the file to the laser, or it's going to work with a different pseudo-printer driver, like the Epilog. The major key is, where are you doing the design of your file which is what makes the major differences. I use Adobe Illistrator. Lots of folks prefer Corel, but I've always been an Adobe guy so haven't really tried to figure out how to do the same stuff in Corel. Either works tho. You're just outputting into a file format that the controller software can read (all the same, but primarily DXF or AI for vector graphics, or JPG/GIF/PNG for raster), selecting that layer and setting a speed and power level, and hit GO.
    Im not sure I understand you correct, are you still using Laserwork V6 after updating to the Color display? Or are you saying you can't use it anymore? Sorry English is not my first Language.

If you can't use it anymore, what are you using instead?
    Im a Graphic Designer so I am also like you using Adobe Illustrator. So LaserWork can us e AI files? Or do you have to save/export them as DXF files?
    How god is the Raser output from LaserWork? Are you happy with the quality?

Have you tried other software? If yes, which one, and which one do you think is the best?
    Sorry about all my questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One more thing, is RDCam and LaserWork the same software? A little confusing because there are also RDWorks 8 wich also seems to a Laser software?