creo tool setup 4 axis - tool GAUGE Z lenght

Thread: creo tool setup 4 axis - tool GAUGE Z lenght

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default creo tool setup 4 axis - tool GAUGE Z lenght

Hello I am having problem with my creo manufactoring setup with tool tabel. I have problem with Z gauge lenght or with pivot length of the machine haas vf2. My postprocesor work O I try it on machine x y and B axis work ok together. The problem is Z axis the Tool is still above the surface/part.
    I am new in 4 or 5 axis programing. I know I cant not use G43 with 4 axis. So I must put or write some gauge lenght or pivot length in my TOOL setup in creo after that my postprocessor give me correct code.

Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: creo tool setup 4 axis - tool GAUGE Z lenght

I always use G43 when using a 4th axis. generally when you use a 4th axis, the tool zero is the center of the part, or the rotational centerline of the 4th axis. I'm much more at home when my Z moves are in negative numbers, so I try to do a work shift in the cam program. You can get away with it when using unwrapped geometry. Workshift to the top edge of your part, IF the part is round. Otherwise, just get used to the Z being in the positive.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello
    thank you for hellp . Wich cadcam program do you use. Do you have Haas maschine. Because I look today in parametrs on haas maschine my PIVOT is 0. And another parameters like can cycle delta Z is 0.254. First I must setup my parameter correct on the maschine then comes cadcam my creo. I google it and I see G145 is only for 5 axis. or is also 4 axis machining ?

I'd really like to get some base settings 4 axis processing on Haas and creo manufactoring. Like tool offset and centering the workpiece.....

Downloads
    Uploads

I do run a Haas, VF3, 1997. I have a 4th axis on it most of the time, but I know nothing about 5 axis stuff. I program 4 axis using OneCnc. Very easy to use. Your zero point would be in the center of the rotary, both in x and y. The only Haas parameters I change is 30, to enable the rotary, and 34 to tell the machine the diameter of the part. Center your tool to the center of the rotary in the y axis, where ever your part starts in the x axis, and the center of the rotary in the z axis. I don't ever use G145 and don't know what it's for. The normal 4 axis program isX and Z moves, along with A for the rotary. You're basically replacing Y axis moves with A axis moves.