Printer question

Thread: Printer question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Printer question

I am curious if a run of the mill Epson printer with a 8.5x11 print capacity can be modified by extending the carriage rail, putting in a longer print head ribbon and moving the limit switches out.

I noticed that the small and large printers of the same series had almost identical parts. Since the paper size is set from the software interface I am hoping they just set max size with the limit switches.

My next step is to switch the electronics between the printers to see if they function. Before I do this I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this?

Similar Threads:
    Worry about success, failure takes care of itself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On the epson LX 2500, wich was an ink jet printer, this modification was not possible because there was also a software limit on the quantity of step pulse required to travel the carriage from one side to the other.

The software goes on alarm and everything stop when the location of the original proximity switch was reach.

Good Luck

Pierre

Phee