New Chinese Vinyl Cutters - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Chinese Vinyl Cutters

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pimpbike, It's been a long, long time since you bought a machine. You make a good point about most of the Chinese cutters, although a few are getting better. I'm old enough to remember that anything made in Japan was junk. I think China may do the same turnaround.....eventually. For now I believe you'll find that any of brand name cutters will give long life and have good support.... Roland, Summa, Graphtec, Gerber if you want to pay Mercedes prices for Chevy stuff. Did you know that Gerber's friction cutter is Summa's old machine? Yup, Gerber bought the rights to it, put their name on it and raised the price $1,000. As for software, personally, I find Flexi much easier to use than Gerber.
    People gotta start someplace, SigncutX2 is wonderful software for the money. Mate it with Corel X3 & you can do anything. The Copam Chinese cutter won't steer you wrong. The Refine and Pcut are bottom of the barrel, but that Copam really isn't a bad cutter. I'd say the best thing out of China so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your right it's been a long time since I've bought my machines, goes to show you how good Gerber potters are. I knew the embosstrack 48 is a Summa, made in Belgium I believe. I had bought the machine used for a grand. It's made me well over 100x that since I've had it. For me I'd Rather support a Canadian or US manufacturer any day as long as the company's products have a great track record. Would I buy a GM? The answer to that is a big HELL NO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12