Vinyl printer/cutter ???

Thread: Vinyl printer/cutter ???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vinyl printer/cutter ???

Hi! Trying to get into making custom logo sunglasses primarily the perforated vinyl-type sticker covering the lenses where they are printed on as seen in the attachement or on the Customize Your Logo Lenses® website.

I narrowed it down to needing a printer/cutter and still have not determined what exact material it is I need or where to get it from. I realize I need to find a wholesaler of wayfarer sunglasses as well as part of this project.

I am looking to get a used one in the $1000-$1500 range just to start out since we have a very strict budget. I was hoping a 15" or a 24" would work for now.

Our common orders are generally 150-300 pairs regularly but have a 1,000 order soon. Eventually we would like to print off 10k to 15k orders.

Any help would be appreciated!

Looked on Craigslist and someone is selling a Roland PC-600 for $900. Is that a good machine to start off with or is there a better used model for the job? What do I need to look for when buying used? Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Vinyl printer/cutter ???

Hi,

I have a Gerber 650 24" plotter/vinyl cutter with a computer and Grafix advantage installed with dongle, new cutter blades, pen(s?) and all discs and docs. if you're interested let me know, and make me an offer I'd like the get rid of it since I closed up shop 2 years ago (it takes up quite a bit of space). I live in Arizona, and shipping would be at least $250+ so it would be nice if you could pick it up. never had any troble with it even when making 4 foot tall letters.

Later, Tim Chaplin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Vinyl printer/cutter ???

Quote Originally Posted by Grindhouse101 View Post
    Hi! Trying to get into making custom logo sunglasses primarily the perforated vinyl-type sticker covering the lenses where they are printed on as seen in the attachement or on the Customize Your Logo Lenses® website.

I narrowed it down to needing a printer/cutter and still have not determined what exact material it is I need or where to get it from. I realize I need to find a wholesaler of wayfarer sunglasses as well as part of this project.

I am looking to get a used one in the $1000-$1500 range just to start out since we have a very strict budget. I was hoping a 15" or a 24" would work for now.

Our common orders are generally 150-300 pairs regularly but have a 1,000 order soon. Eventually we would like to print off 10k to 15k orders.

Any help would be appreciated!

Looked on Craigslist and someone is selling a Roland PC-600 for $900. Is that a good machine to start off with or is there a better used model for the job? What do I need to look for when buying used? Thanks.
    How Easy the Cut Studio