Need Help! Schematic for Calcomp 1023

Thread: Schematic for Calcomp 1023

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Schematic for Calcomp 1023

I'm looking for a service manual or schematic/PCB for a CalComp 1023 plotter.
    I have mainboard signed "VET CONTROLLER" - PWB 13279-0023.
    I need making controller for DC Servo with oryginal driver and power supply.

Can anybody help? Thanks.

Regards,
    Zbig

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello ,happy new year to the communauty.CHRISTIAN_P

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problems with a Calcomp 1023 Pen Plotter (surprise!)

Hi,

I am an Australian artist working on an exhibition of drawings done with this plotter, and it is dying.
    I bought $450 worth of pens for it, and new servos from a guy in Pennsylvania
    and it worked for a while - I got about a dozen drawings out of it.
    Now when it starts it runs OK for about 5 seconds, does a turret init ok, loads and seeks paper edges, then quits with a CRASH (bd) error.

If anyone knows how to fix it, or even what the error is, I'd appreciate some help.

I think I might need to replace the boards - one has some wired in spaghetti repairs..

If anyone has boards hanging around, I'll pay you for them, and give you a couple of drawings from the exhibition, too.

Best regards everyone

TomA1

Downloads
    Uploads

Default If you don't have any luck....

Need Help!
    Hi,

If you can't get it to work, would you consider selling me the boards?
    This thing is driving me crazy, it's become a personal challenge to get it going again...

Best wishes

TomA1

Default 1023 Calcomp Plotter Error_Codes

Please post the exact error codes and I will try and look them up as I have a still-running 1043 and I am assuming that they will probably be the same.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

It says "Crash Condition (bd) Please reset"
    And makes a warning beep until it is reset.

then it does a turret init, and usually crashes a couple of seconds after that.

Thanks for any help!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tooling_Design View Post
    Please post the exact error codes and I will try and look them up as I have a still-running 1043 and I am assuming that they will probably be the same.

I just looked thru my Maintenance Manuals, and the only Error Code I see is a "B" for Buffer Overflow, but no "bd."

I do know on the 1043 that if ANYTHING (sensors, etc.) becomes loose or a bit out of adjustment, it will create real problems. I had so many problems with the Joy_Stick that I finally took it completely out of the circuit.

If you get a good Seek Paper Edges, and it crashes right after the Turret Init, then I would check the Turret(do a Turret Test) and Pen & Voicecoil Test.

If it crashes (as you mentioned in your first post) right after an Edge Seek, then I would first make sure the Band Tension is correct, and then check to see if both of the retro-reflective photocells (X-Axis Paper Sensors)are clean. On this model, they are about six inches to the left of the inside right wall. One is on the operator side and the other is on the far side of the Vacuum platen. (Oval-shaped cuts in the platen) They can have a gob of lint which shifts around from time-to-time and it will drive the thing nuts.

Also, you can do a Sensor Test..at least from this Model and with that you can check (by sliding the Far Y-Axis Clamp Roller back under the Carriage) to see if the digit on the display shifts from a 0 to a 1. Same deal for the X-Axis Test but you move the edges of the Paper back and forth to see if those two photocells are picking up the paper edges (display shifts from a 0 to a 1.)

Good luck with it.......

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thanks!

Hi Tooling_design

Thanks for your advice - I think I need to go over it with cotton buds and alcohol and clean all the optical sensors.

The tip abut belt tension might be right on the money - I replaced the carriage and I just tightened it up to what seemed about right. Not much science there.

I'll post when I have had a shot at those things.

cheers

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Schematic for Calcomp 1023

Hi TomA1,
    Did you fix it and get it running?
    I am thinking of acquiring 1023 myself..... seems like a risky idea.
    (Please contact me user33@zasutra.com)