Help please!Jddjdjddjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj djdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj

Thread: Help please!Jddjdjddjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj djdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help please!Jddjdjddjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj djdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj

I plan on buying a precision plasma gantry soon and have a couple of questions. I have narrowed my choices down to the HDG kit from precision mated with a Hypertherm 65. I plan on getting electronics from Candcnc, but this is where I have some confusion...

I would like to get the Bladerunner with ethercut, but will settle for a different version if it will interface better. I'm a little unsure as to whether or not to get the Hypertherm model with the rs485 port or just the cpc port. I don't want to have to splice wires and all that on the plasma ,but I noticed that Candcnc's website has a special cable for the rs485 versions. Is that the better way to go? Do you have to do any special wiring if it only has the cpc port?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help please!Jddjdjddjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj djdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj

The choice of Ether-Cut model versus the legacy parallel port is totally about the connection between the PC and the Controller.
    1. the Ether-Cut is not limited to being within 10 ft of the controller.
    2. The Ether-Cut offers a wider range of operating systems for the PC including WIN 7 64 bit
    3. Ether-cut does not need a dedicated PC for the control like is advised with the parallel port models
    4. Most modern PC's have an Ethernet port and multiple USB ports but no parallel port
    5. You get somewhat smoother and faster motion with the Ether-Cut because the PC is not having to generate the pulses

The DTHC runs independent from the type of PC connection and all models of the DTHC (II and IV) use the same Connection Kits for the Hypertherm.and have the same features except the DTHCIV is 5 to 10 times faster than the older DTHCII

The CPC port gives you all of the connections you need to do CNC control of the plasma including the automation features of doing the DTHC settings from the G-Code via SheetCAM

The RS485 serial port on the Hyperthem ADDS the ability to set the Cut Current (amps) and Air pressure from the software rather than the knob on the plasma cutter. it is an OPTION on the Hypertherm and the matching connection kit for the DTHC side is the Advanced Connection Kit you do NOT NEED the RS485 port option to do automated CNC plasma cutting. It just gives you ADDED sutomation features by setting the Cut Current at on the plasma for you, and gives you screen feedback or any errors codes FROM the Hypertherm.

You are welcome to join our Support Forum CandCNC Support Board ? Index page and get all of your questions answered.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help please!Jddjdjddjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj djdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdjdj

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the detail you put into your answer.