New Machine Build post processor for mach3 (lathe for wood legs)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: post processor for mach3 (lathe for wood legs)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default post processor for mach3 (lathe for wood legs)

hi everyone
    I am building a lathe for wood legs , and i want to work with mach3 and powermill
    but i have a little problem , concerning the post processor ,
    or if anyone can suggest another software to generate toolpath...
    if anyone can help
    thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: post processor for mach3 (lathe for wood legs)

Without being too costly have you thought about fusion360.

I have quite a few milling machine posts but never had for a lathe I'm afraid.

Could you not utilise one of the template posts powermill comes with?

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Everyday is a school day.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for your reply
    in fact it not a lathe , it a cnc router with a 4th axis , ( x,y,z,a) , i thinks if we say 4 axis that mean all axis should move in the same time

Downloads
    Uploads

for the software , the reason that i say powermill is i have done somme research and it seems that they talk about powermill (youtube ...), is it work in fusion 360 it very helpfull for me ,

Downloads
    Uploads

Fusion will have its own mach3 post which will work no problem. And I use both fusion and powermill and if I had to start my own shop I would hands down use fusion. Its cheaper. Can grow with the needs you have and bu the sound of what you want it for powermill maybe overkill

Downloads
    Uploads

I use grbl post in fusion 360 and it works fine. You can even tweak the mach3 post to be capable of using 4th axis. There will be tonnes of info online on how to do that.

Downloads
    Uploads

but does fusion 360 capable of generating tolpath for 3d legs ( wood legs)?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nodgedeeeeeeee View Post
    I use grbl post in fusion 360 and it works fine. You can even tweak the mach3 post to be capable of using 4th axis. There will be tonnes of info online on how to do that.

this links show an example of what i want to do ,does fusion 360 can do like this , i have not a lot of experience ,

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes fusion 360 is exceptional

Downloads
    Uploads

But you are going to have to work hard on your post processor doing exactly what you want it too. But with fusion the online presence is huge so it's a good place to start I think.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes fusion 360 is exceptional

i have another question , does powermill can generate 4th axis toolpath if the software is cracked?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it should do. I used to have cracked version of 2016 and that would have worked but after I upgraded to Windows 10 no longer worked.

As long as you have ductpost installed and a post processor it should work fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it should do. I used to have cracked version of 2016 and that would have worked but after I upgraded to Windows 10 no longer worked.

As long as you have ductpost installed and a post processor it should work fine.

ok , thanks i will install it first , then see what can i do with the post processor
    can you please guide me or suggest any source that provide a postprocessor for mach 3 (4 axis cnc ) ,
    thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

I would look on the powermill forum which is now adopted by autodesk. There will certainly be people who have had the same questions etc as you. If not create a question yourself and one of the gurus will help or point you in the right direction. They will try to prompt you to purchase a post as they should do but as you are using cracked software I would keep that quiet for obvious reasons.

This is why I said about using fusion as its free to download and when you are ready to purchase the software properly (once you are using it for monetary gain) it doesn't cost the earth and is fully legit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I use Fusion 360 and have done for several years, the basic subscription is about $550USD/year. Its very useful and I use it daily for work.

Basic Fusion can do three axis stuff and three axis plus indexing fourth axis, but it cannot do continuous coordinated (simultaneous) fourth axis, and therefore would NOT think it suitable
    for table legs.

Last year I bought and introductory offer of Fusion Machining Extensions, the intro offer was $1200USD/year verses the full cost of $1600USD/year. Machining Extensions
    now gives you genuine simultaneous four and five axis tool paths, and would be highly suitable for table legs. There are two toolpath options, Rotary Pocket and Rotary Contour,
    that will appeal to you in a big way.

So I believe Fusion is and would be very good for your purpose but not cheap. You need the basic subscription ($550/year) and Machining Extensions ($1600/year) for a total
    $2150/year. You may think that exorbitant but when you compare it to other CAM software that can do simultaneous five axis it's not, and is in fact quite cheap. The bottom line
    is that simultaneous five axis is eye-wateringly expensive. Whether there are better value simultaneous four axis CAM solutions is more than I can say, most probably there are.

I wanted simultaneous five axis and Fusion is bang for you buck the best I could get. My subscription is due in about another three months, I will definetly being renewing the basic
    subscription, I use it daily to make a living, but it's unclear whether I can afford to renew Machining Extensions, I hope so....its just I don't know where the money is going to
    come from!

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes this looks right except you don't have the baxis so the post will need tweaking to not use that axis. The rest seems fine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes this looks right except you don't have the baxis so the post will need tweaking to not use that axis. The rest seems fine.

the b axis ? do you mean the last part of video when he show a 5 axis machine?
    i thinks the postprocessor that he wrote is for 4 axis ,

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I don't know what the policy is on pirate software here on the forum, but it does not reflect well on you personally. That some 'Russian Guy' has cracked PowerMill
    is par for the course and may well describe some the disdain that many hold the Russians in.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

I dont get involved in cracked software. I have done in the past. This is why I have tried to steer that fellow onto fusion 360 but he has still said he will continue to use his cracked powermill. I know it happens I'm not going to call him out for using it but at the end of the day his start post was asking for mach3 post it then escalated into him fessing up about the cracked version. I just hope it's delcam version pre 2016 and not autodesk because that'll get him into serious trouble. I thank your concern and if people judge me for discussing cracked software then so be it.

N

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I dont get involved in cracked software. I have done in the past.
    I'm guilty of the same thing...when I could afford proper software I got it...and have not had any pirate software for over ten years.
    Anyone whom chooses to crack Autodesk is risking trouble in my opinion.

An observation that I've made that is sort of related; is the Chinese propensity to copy both software and hardware. In particular the BitSensor, RnR (and others) Mach3
    motion boards. They are all clones of each other and none of the manufacturers of them know how they work. This is the downside of piracy, it prevents innovation
    and development because someone copies it and all your investment can not be re-paid. As a consequence there is no innovation and development.

I'd rather not have tp pay Autodesk, or at least as much, but they keep coming up with new features and maintain a pretty damned solid forum with company paid gurus
    to staff it. That happens because I and many others pay and would not happen otherwise.

Craig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast