4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool

Thread: 4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool

Default 4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool

I have this model (please see attached) and want to mill the selected surface, but for the edges I want to do it with a V-shape conical tool.
    I want to make it in 4 axis so the tool has to stay normal to that surface. It's not a problem that the tool will leave an angle.
    I have tried with project line and with contour offset, but the step downs are normal with each other in vertical and I don't get the sharp corner achieved, but I'd get it with radius.
    To do that the first steps has to be in the edge going in a draft line, till it touch the bottom.

Is this any strategy how to do it? (Not in 5 axis).
    Please see the pictures for better understanding.

Thank you,
    Ronald

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool-image_50333185-jpg   4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool-pic1-jpg   4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool-pic3i-jpg   4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool-pic4-jpg  

4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool-str1-jpg   4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool-str2-jpg   4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool-str3i-jpg   4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool-str4-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool

Are you able to do swarf milling strategy?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Everyday is a school day.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4 axis toolpath strategy needed to do the edges with a V-shape tool

Is the head of your machine able to tilt the a and c axis?
    Could you not just create a comp curve pattern then pattern machining. Would take some editing so you only cut the edges you require etc. But that could work well.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Everyday is a school day.