Need Help! Mach3 post for mastercam 2019

Thread: Mach3 post for mastercam 2019

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 post for mastercam 2019

Can someone help me, I'm looking for a "postprocessor mach3" for Mastercam 2019 or 2018.
    Thanks a lot!
    lg Christian

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 post for mastercam 2019

You might try the Mastercam forum.it exists to help Mastercam users share their knowledge.

Downloads
    Uploads

chrisdu did you find your mach3 posts yet? do you have a post from a older version of mc for mach 3? if so the 2018 2019 mc will import all your older post ? I have a post for mastercam x4 and when i made the change to mc2018 it converted it over ..mach3 is a very simple post you can take the generic mill /lathe post and edit the g code to make it work ....let me know if you need a post for mach 3 I can send you the one I have

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Michael,

I was wondering if I could get a copy of your MC/Mach3 post?

Running Mach3 mill at home and temporarily don't have access to the big Onsrud at work.
    Could possibly get Fusion360 up and running here, but would prefer to keep using MC 2020 if possible.

Thanks!

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

I was able to get things working ok using my existing Onsrud/OSAI post.
    I had to manually swap in a slightly different header and make sure arcs were absolute IJK with G90.1, at least for my setup.

N18 G20 G40 G49 G64 G80 G90 G90.1

Also commented out a G500 macro near the end of the program.
    Otherwise the programs seem perfectly compatible and I've been cutting files for a few days with no problems.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone I have a homemade 3axis Cnc, I am using using Mastercam 2018 to generate g-code, but have yet been able to communicate with Mach3. When I import g-code into Mach3 it turns my toolpaths into large circles. I understand it is related to my post processor. I have tried the GENERIC ONSRUD OSAI 4X MOVING_GANTRY_ROUTER, not sure how to properly edit headers or line of g-code, but any feedback would be appreciated. I have tried a number of other post processors such as the GENERIC KOMO FANUC 4X ROUTER, ANDERSON EXXACT_PLUS FANUC 4X ROUTER, just to name a few but still no luck. I was hoping someone could help me on getting me on the right track. Oh I also tried the Mastercam_Mach3B post processor from the Mach3 support website, could not load into Mastercam 2018 I got a "Updatepost Utility" (Selected post were not all valid. Detected post previous to MastercamX versions...) Need help to get some wood chips flying. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello MIchael82 hope you could help me out with some of your knowledge. How could I go about editing g-code in order to use on a homemade 3axis cnc router that is running Mach3? I am using Mastercam 2018 to generate g-code but have yet to figure out what post processer to use with Mach3. Hope you could help me out by guiding me in the right direction. Thanks ahead of time.

Default Re: Mach3 post for mastercam 2019.

[QUOTE=stevespo;2364970]I was able to get things working ok using my existing Onsrud/OSAI post.
    I had to manually swap in a slightly different header and make sure arcs were absolute IJK with G90.1, at least for my setup.

Otherwise the programs seem perfectly compatible and I've been cutting files for a few days with no problems.

Hi Steve could you send me or post the Onsrud /Osai post for mastercam. it is exactly what I need. Much appreciated

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=gvalenz07;2407318]Hello MIchael82 hope you could help me out with some of your knowledge. How could I go about editing g-code in order to use on a homemade 3axis cnc router that is running Mach3? I am using Mastercam 2018 to generate g-code but have yet to figure out what post processer to use with Mach3. Hope you could help me out by guiding me in the right direction. Thanks ahead of time.[/QUOTE]
    Gvalenz07, let's see what we can come up with...what post have you used ? There is a free downloadable post on the mach3 website have you tried that? We need to sort out a few things 1st . Do you have a tool changer? Do you have coolant ?

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=stevespo;2364970]I was able to get things working ok using my existing Onsrud/OSAI post.

Steve[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you got yours working can you please upload you post or explain what you did to help others ? Besides thats what we are here for right!!

That would sure make my day or better yet my week.

Downloads
    Uploads

I wish I could share the files, but that was my work computer - which I no longer have access to. No more Solidworks for me, at least until Covid is under control.

As I remember, I could not install the Mach post that is supposed to work with Solidworks. I went through the process, but it just never worked properly.
    Since the Onsrud/OSAI post output seemed to be very standard, I compared it to Mach and found that it was mostly the header and the default ARC settings (G90.1) that needed a tweak.

> When I import g-code into Mach3 it turns my toolpaths into large circles. I understand it is related to my post processor. I have tried the GENERIC ONSRUD OSAI 4X MOVING_GANTRY_ROUTER,

Yes, you need to make sure that the ARC format output from SW matches what Mach is already set to. Check your preferences and use the correct G90 instruction.
    If you cannot edit the post processor, you can at least manually edit the gcode and insert the correct pre/post for Mach3.

It was not difficult to edit the active/default post and make those changes. I think I found an article or perhaps youTube video about it (seems like a very long time ago, lol).
    Unfortunately, I can't even refresh my failing memory because I don't have the software anymore, but I think it was all done through the standard SW drop down menus.

Sorry I can't be more help... If you poke around you should find it pretty straightforward to make the basic edits. Complex customization is another matter entirely, you'd need an expert for that.

Steve

I have a used CR onsrud router myself. Where did you find the GENERIC ONSRUD OSAI 4X MOVING_GANTRY_ROUTER, post. I think that would get me pretty close. I am a little new at cnc but I do have a technical background.

Hi Steve and Michael. I have a Cr Onsrud router with a Osai controller The machine has a fixed that would be close gantry and tool changer. I was looking to use mastercam 2019 for cad cam. do you guys have any recommendations for a post that be close to Osai . I think I could manage some modifications if it was close to Osai. It could be for a different manufacturer but hopefully for Osai or a controller which is close to the code that Osai uses. Any help or suggestion would be Appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

I realized that yesterday I referred to MasterCAM as SolidWorks/SW. Sorry about that. We're obviously talking about CAM here - doing a lot of CAD work and have it on the brain...

Steve

Hi Steve you are running a modified osia /mastercam post now. do you think this would get me close. Or maybe if I tried to find a copy of mach 3 and convert it to Osai . I tried to convert a generic fanuc but with only limited success. Too much difference for my skill level. I understand totally the SW / mastercam thing. I do it all the time now . Thanks Kevin