I’m trying to peck drill a series of some 50,000 holes (.018” diameter) in a thin sheet of Delrin plastic. I’m using Fusion 360 to create points which are used for drilling in the CAM section. I looked for a post processor and the original company (Bravoprodigy) tells me to search on the Fusion 360 post processor page and I find it but when I use it, it generates code that makes my machine move erratically.
I get back to the manufacturer Bravoprodigy and they tell me that they don’t support G73 or apparently any drilling cycle, only G1. I test all the other post processors available in the standard Fusion 360 post processor list (about 45) and I find 3 or 4 that create G code without using a canned drilling cycle. That is to say each peck and retract is listed as a G1 move. I run these programs on my machine and it seems to work perfectly until it reaches 99% complete, then the head moves sideways erratically breaking the bit and the program stops.
I’m guessing this all has to do with the post processor. Can anyone help me find a solution to my problem?