Here is a couple of signs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here is a couple of signs

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Here is a couple of signs

I mainly do signs to pay for christmas. Here are a few examples I have done for people and businesses. Most of these were made in my converted Omis III CMM.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here is a couple of signs-example2-jpg   Here is a couple of signs-example1-jpg   Here is a couple of signs-example3-jpg   Here is a couple of signs-example4-jpg  

Here is a couple of signs-example5-jpg   Here is a couple of signs-example6-jpg  
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Downloads
    Uploads

Pplug,
    Nice looking work.
    Seeing them motivates me towards completing (starting) my own cnc router machine build. I'm currently researching my own build and waiting to move to a new residence with shop space.
    Again, nice job and thanks for posting and the motivation!

Randy,

I may not be good....
    But I am S L O W!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pplug,
    very nice work, I too work as a sign maker, but nothing this fancy, i am barely crawling when you are already flying, thank you for posting these images

Downloads
    Uploads

Pplug, Absolutely beautiful work ! The details and textures are amazing, like the weave around "The Harts".

Great work !

Downloads
    Uploads

What type of software are you using for the 3d graphics such as the dog and the weave in the backgrounds?

Downloads
    Uploads

Currently I'm using artcam but I think I will be switching to vectric aspire when my version of AC becomes too dated. Its cheaper and does everything I think I need it to.

http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

The basket weave pattern you used in a few of them is really slick. Never seen that done before. Nice work.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Beautiful , very inspirational, work

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very artistic I am jealous.

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe this is OT, but I'm wondering how you would determine what to charge for work like that.

They're complex enough that it might be difficult to do an accurate estimate in advance, but it's hard to convince a customer to pay an open-ended hourly rate...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob
    Maybe this is OT, but I'm wondering how you would determine what to charge for work like that.

They're complex enough that it might be difficult to do an accurate estimate in advance, but it's hard to convince a customer to pay an open-ended hourly rate...
    I usually charge about $20-$30 an hour. It usually takes about 10-20 min to design and produce the tool paths. I usually double the price for painting & finishing. Typically a sign can run from $135 to $250.

I can give the customer a very accurate idea of the routing time. The techno interface preprocesses the g-code file and the new beta interface is accurate to the second. I can run a simulation in mach3 and it is accurate as well. Of course this is for custom designs. Most of the Picts are of basic templates with added text at preset hieghts and I know about how much time they take.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work pplug

I just finished my CNC machine and although I have no problem making a sign just for a hobby I'm lost when it comes to paint it.

How do you paint the letters? Like if I want to have the surface one color and the letters another color how do you do that?

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Most of the time I just paint the tops of the letters. I am working on a method using a vinyl cutter to create a mask that would let me spraypaint the sides as well without hitting the background. I haven't tried it yet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm new to routers, but I use a laser for my signs. For 2 colors I'll paint the raw material, then mask it with vinyl sign transfer tape, engrave it, spray it with color #2 then unmask the material.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bpoulin View Post
    I'm new to routers, but I use a laser for my signs. For 2 colors I'll paint the raw material, then mask it with vinyl sign transfer tape, engrave it, spray it with color #2 then unmask the material.
    I didn't know about this vinyl sign transfer tape. sounds a good idea

Thanks

Nicolas

Downloads
    Uploads

Real nice, amazing what fantastic work lies beneath ordinary wood

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a single color masked then I just burned the wood with the laser. Here is where I get my masking Sign Warehouse And if that doesn't work they have vinyls specifically for spray masking, or sandblast masking I haven't experimented with any of these and a rotary cutter, it might take some experimentation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a single color masked then I just burned the wood with the laser. Here is where I get my masking Sign Warehouse And if that doesn't work they have vinyls specifically for spray masking, or sandblast masking I haven't experimented with any of these and a rotary cutter, it might take some experimentation.
    Hey bpoulin, that’s the best info I got so far, thanks for the info

When you say “I just burned the wood with the laser” what guides the laser? I mean do you have the gcode or another code for this sign on your laser?

Nicolas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's a Chinese CNC laser engraver, 1200x800mm cutting area. Check out the laser engravers forum here on CNCzone.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's a Chinese CNC laser engraver, 1200x800mm cutting area. Check out the laser engravers forum here on CNCzone.
    Sorry bpoulin, I know about the Chinese Laser Engravers. What I dont know is how the engraver knows where to burn the wood on that sign.

Nicolas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast